SRS So my friend has been acting like a bitch lately.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rich, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Rich

Rich New Member

So a friend of mine is pissed because he says that all his friends (me and the others we hang out with) have been dicks to him recently. He claims that we have conflicting views on things and that we make rash comments to him about it.

We joke around a lot about things and I treat all my friends the same so I know it's not something that I am doing. He is engaged and in a trustless relationship and is also religious (even though he never was before meeting said fiance). To me it seems like he is an ass hole too but can't take it when people do it back to him.

If we're watching TV for example and there's something about evolution on he'll be like "that's such bull shit" but if anyone argues anything against religion he get's pissy.

His relationship is terrible. His fiance and him have no trust in each other. The other night she told him she was going to bed and drove by his house to "check on him", saw a girl's car outside that we were hanging out with and went crazy even though there were two other guys there and we were just hanging out drinking. This caused him to cry because she broke up with him (not the first time this has happened) yet he gets back with her despite the shit she puts him through. He will not listen to anyone say anything about his relationship even though everyone tells him it's not worth it.

We're all very big into cars and he is building a turbo Integra. He makes fun of other cars all the time but if anyone makes fun of his he gets offended and calls them ignorant, even though he's the close minded one.

Basically he feels that if it's not his way it wrong and he doesn't seem to realize that he's the only one that thinks this way. Is there any way I can talk to him to get him to realize what is going on? I don't want to sound like a dick but I know he is going to assume that I'm an ass hole because I'm not religious and don't see the point in being in his kind of relationship.

Can OT halp me out?

2. Rich

Rich New Member

Anybody?

3. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

i sort've had the same issue before. best thing to do would be talk to him directly about it.

4. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

but don't start accusing him. just ask him to tell you exactly what's on his mind and where he's coming from.

5. Rich

Rich New Member

I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

6. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Make sure he knows you've noticed the conflicts & you have your own thoughts on the matter.

Tell him you can see he's going through rough times. Get down to his level so he doesn't feel so defensive. Seems like he's feeling that way all the time. He should work on breaking the habit ... if you care to try hinting at that. haha.

Just give him the opportunity to let it all out, vent, bitch ... etc. Maybe hold back your suggestions if you have 'em. He might just need to vent before he can hear any criticisms, however constructive. Could send him right back to being angry & defensive.

7. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Correct, as posted above, if you want to keep him as a friend. Be up front and talk to him about it. Consider it a reality check you are giving him. Be honest, you aren't doing it to be an ass, but because you value your friendship and his ways need to change.

He will either thank you for the reality check, or he will call you an ass and not talk to you. If he does the latter, let him go.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

So your friend is basically very immature.

I know it sounds harsh, but my line of thinking has always been "If someone has a bad attitude or behaves immaturely consistently, they can do it on their own time".

If he's being this way, don't hang out with him. He can either keep acting the way he is, and you're no worse off, or he'll shape up.