SRS So my family thinks i am pissing my life away.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PC Principle, Oct 27, 2007.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I make a decent wage and my family thinks I am pissing my life away. :wtc: Im fucking doomed I think... I have ZERO motivation.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

a lil more details? :hsugh:

4. PirateCandy

PirateCandy New Member

Maybe they hold higher expectations for you than you hold for yourself :dunno:

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Why do people make threads like this if they arent gonna give details? :uh:

6. johan

johan Active Member

what do you do to make your 'decent wage'?

A student making zero is on a higher uptrack if he's studying to become a professional one day, which will generate enough income to permit a future life of pleasure, joy and ease... since he has the means to obtain life's pleasures.

In contrast, a person working hard labour may be making good coin for now, but one can't do (or shouldn't have to) manual labour forever, and it would be nice to make a little space for yourself in the world where your life doesn't depend on your next paycheque, or not getting injured on the job.

The same applies for service sector jobs.

I suppose they're alright when your in your early 20's, but I would find heartbreaking if my kid were still taking orders for a venti double extra zib zab once he's firmly into adulthood.

I would like for him to be yachting, enjoying european holidays, taking delivery on new cars....not taking orders from impatient customers.

And all the while telling me he's satisfied with his 'decent wage'. But I know he's not. Because inside, I know he wants to reach higher himself. He's just not sure how yet.