SRS So my EX just e-mailed me... how to deal w/ it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by killer4605, Oct 18, 2006.

1. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

Haven't talked to her since the last thread I made about her telling me she misses me. She just emailed me asking to come by my place and get the rest of her stuff. All I have are a few DVDs and a foot rest.

Should I man up and let her come get them face to face, or should I pack her shit up in a box, throw in all the stuff she's given me while we were dating, and leave it downstairs for her to pick up?

I've been living my life and having fun but all the emotions just smacked me in the face again after reading that email. I thought I was over this shit... guess not :hsd:.

You guys think she's just doing this to see what kind of response she can get out of me? She told me before that I could keep the foot rest (she never used it) and I could keep the DVDs until I was done with them. Now she emails me out of the blue asking for all her shit back?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

She's screwing with you. She could have gotten that stuff before now, so there's some reason she wants to do it now. You're probably right; she probably just wants to fuck with you and see where your head is.

If I was you I'd put the things she asked for in a box and bring them to her. If she comes to your place then you have to kick her out. If you go to hers you can leave whenever you want.

Show up unannounced, hand her to box of stuff, tell her "This is all I have. If you're looking for something and it's not there I don't have it." Do not be angry. Do not do anything spiteful or hurtful. Just give her the stuff and tell her "bye" and leave. Ignore calls/emails/etc from that day forward.

3. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

I kind of want to give her that slap in the face for everything she's done to me. And now that i've finally gotten on with my life she starts fucking with it again.

4. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Pack it up and mail it to her. No notes, just the stuff. Ignore and move on. I did this with a few guys I dated who left their crap at my place. It seemed to give them the message to not communicate or drop by anymore.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

so make your slap in the face *be* that you're not going to let her fuck with your life. Keep her away from your house, do not communicate with her, bring her shit to her and leave Go to sleep that night knowing she's going to be more than pissed off that her plan to weasel into your life didn't work (and expect another attempt relatively soon).

6. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

tell her to come over but box all her stuff up, leave it outside the door with a note "Sorry something came up, here's your stuff" It'll annoy her that something could possibly be more important than her and also be a slap in the face that she most likely spent some time to make herself look good to show off for you but all that is useless now.

7. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I think mailing her stuff to her (without any notes) would be easier, that way no one has to go to each other's house. And a box of stuff with no notes or momentos or whatever could be a bigger slap in the face to show that he's trying to clear her stuff out and get on with things without her :hs:

8. 7960

7960 New Member

^ the only reason I say bring it is because there's a foot rest which I'm assuming is kind of on the big side for mailing/shipping. Bring it, hand it to her, say goodbye and leave.

9. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Ahhh. When I think of foot rest, I think of the cheap plastic thing you get for sitting at a desk. If it were me, I'd rather just cough up a few bucks to ship it and not deal with an ex. But that's just me :dunno: The last time I dealt with an ex face-to-face his mom was there and going apeshit on me, so yeah :hsugh:

10. Los

Los Active Member

put it in a box and send it. End it. Do yourself that favor.

11. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

I can't ship it to her because she stays at the dorm across the street from me. They don't have a front desk. And i'm not paying to ship anything unless i'm getting the money by selling half her shit. Wasted enough cash on that bitch.

Anyways, i'm fucking busy as hell so if she wants her stuff she can wait until i'm free. I'm not making time for her.

I'll go ahead and take apart the leg rest to make it easier to box up. Plus, she doesn't have any tools so she can't put it back together :rofl:

12. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Bro, I'd just bring the stuff over on your time, and only give her what she wanted. Don't burn bridges. You never know if you'll like her friend in the next year or not. Have some pride. Return the stuff, say as above "This is all I have. If it's not in this box I don't have it" and leave.

13. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

meet her up and hand her her stuff back in a box, it's just being civilized and respectful. wear a cap or something if you want to avoid eye contact or the sparks moment.

14. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I fully support the option of telling her all her stuff will be outside your place at a specific time, boxed up neatly. You dont even have to be home. In fact, I support NOT being home so she cant try to make contact.

Dont be mean, dont be spiteful,dont write a note in the box, this is what she is hoping for. She wants to fuck with you and get a rise out of you so she can affirm you still miss her.

Just be nice, put her stuff out, and never talk to her again. She will realize you dont want anything to do with her, and you dont come off as a giant weakling or a mean bastard.

15. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

Thanks guys

:hug: