SRS So my ex has changed... a lot

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JustJeff, Jul 12, 2007.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Well, yeah. School changes people right? Now i've been through a lot in the last year and a half, and basically had a whole teenager life thrown to me in that time. I can't count how many things have happened.

Anyway, I dated this girl for about seven months. We ended up having sex towards the end, and I really do regret it. Well, about 2 or 3 weeks after said moment, we broke up and she was pretty much torn apart about it, or at least to what I knew about. She cussed me out a few times and made me feel like an insignificant prick, which was probably something I was asking for given the circumstances of the event.

But anywhere, here's what's bothering me:

I haven't seen her in about 8 months. A few letters addressed back and forth during the first few months of school and then that was it. I came home for the summer, got a job, and really haven't seen that much of any of my friends here. There was a party last friday night that I went to because 2 of my friends from Tech came up from Virginia and I wanted to show them a good time.

Well, low and behold, my ex is at the party. Though, when I dated her, she was a happy energetic girl that was always trying to make people happy. This is not the case anymore.

She dyed her hair black and blonde, wears a shit ton of makeup, gained about 60 pounds (she was already a little bit hefty) and has gotten into a really bad drinking and smoking habit. It was very very awkward to be around her, but I don't hold grudges. I made sure to introduce myself and I had introduced my friends and that was pretty much all I heard from her in the beginning. OH boy was she different.

Turns out, she still hates my guts and wants nothing to do with me being around anymore, and completely disregarded my presence at all. She ignored me, and didn't even look at me. THe one thing that didn't change about her is she still acts like she's 10 years old.

But to single it all out, I left my jacket at the party and got a call from the hostess that it was there and to come pick it up whenever. I gave her a call last night before I was going to a friend's house for a movie, and told her i was going to swing by for it (it's the only jacket I have), she responded. "I don't think that's such a good idea." I froze for a second, and asked, "Why is that?" She said because (my ex) was at her house. So I was like, I don't care, let me come. Instead she told me again that I really shouldn't come by so I just said whatever and hung up.

So I don't know: why is she making this into such a big deal? If she could just put it behind her and forget about it, it would be much easier on her. Instead, she is making me freak out about everything.

I wish I could post her picture online for you guys so you can see the physical difference... it's shocking how much a person can change when she's exposed to bad things :/

2. Bernice

Bernice New Member

People deal with break-ups differently and maybe not seeing you is actually making it easier on her and not harder. I would just let it go, you did the right thing by being nice and polite when you saw her and there is nothing else you can do.

3. mrj

mrj New Member

Psycho bitch FTL.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I don't understand the point of the thread. The topic title begs the question "so what or why do you care?"

And she has gone downhill....so what, why dwell on it?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I don't know, I needed to vent.

It's weird saying, "I used to really like that girl..." and then look at her and she is a mess. It's just weird.

6. Frontclip2200

Frontclip2200 New Member

well, this is definately the place to vent.

its so weird how a person can change so quickly.

7. mrj

mrj New Member

I used to think my ex from 18-20 was the hottest girl I'd ever be able to find.

Now I look back and go.. wtf :ugh:

8. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

You came to the right place to vent. And as you grow up and see other people, you start to realize that there are better-looking people out there that you can go out with, lol.
    And just forget about how she acted, people deal with break-ups dif. I broke up with my (now) ex and he couldn't stand the sight of me afterwards. Even if I tried being nice, he acted like he hated me. And nowadays (almost 2 years later) I cant stand the sight of him. Seeing him to me is like seeing a ghost. I didn't know someone I cared about so much could have turned into such a jerk. But, people change.

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

So... why can't you get your jacket? It's not your problem that the girl is there. Surely the hostess can come out and hand you an article of clothing - it would take about two minutes with the incidental small talk.

As for the girl... ignore her. Give her enough rope and she'll hang herself. Move on with your life since it's apparent that she's not going to add value to it. By the way, she can only affect what you think if you let her.

10. johan

johan Active Member

No one can make you do anything, including freak out about something.
    So more properly phrased, why are you CHOOSING to freak out about this?

This all seems like trivial highschool drama that shouldn't worth one speck of your time or thought.
    Go get your jacket. And leave drama for drama queens.

11. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

:werd:

12. teo

teo . => ? => !

By the way, if the hostess was a friend of mine, I'd be giving her shit for allowing someone who doesn't live there to tell her who she's allowed to have in her own house. That's a load of BS.

13. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

:werd: No one tells me what to do in MY house.