So my computer decided to stop working on me today...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PharCyde, Jul 10, 2005.

1. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

A while ago when I started my comp I'd get an error about my harddrive, bad sectors I guess, but if I hit enter it would take a while to load but after that everything worked fine.

So this morning when I turned the computer on the power light came on, but the harddrive didn't spin and the monitor didn't turn on. I just figured my HD finally crashed so I went out and bought a new one. Well after putting it in it still did the samething.

Any clue what could be the problem, and maybe a good place to get it checked out? The only place I know about around here is the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I assume you mean you got a SMART error?

And a bad hard drive would not likely cause the entire machine not to boot. there has got to be a good computer shop around you.

3. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

ummm I dunno hah... the error said something like "A problem was found with your hard drive, consult the troubleshooting section of the manual... blah blah press enter to continue"

I know it's probably not the HD that did it, but that was the problem I had before.