MIL So my best friend was bragging about getting to ream someone for the first time today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

So my best friend called me up because he got to ream someone for the first time ever today. he's at "officer basic course" that is 6 weeks long because he's going to be a medical officer, he isn't in squadbays or anything, they gave him his own deluxe apartment on base ( :ugh: ). today was his second day ever on active duty not having attended a single class/course/anything except get a physical, so technically he's a 2ndlt but has no knowledge of anything, so he was in PT gear and some Sergeant walked up to him and was like "hey, where's your battle buddy?" (i have no idea what a battle buddy is) and my friend goes "hey?? is that anyway to talk to an OFFICER in the UNITED STATES ARMY? Next time you say "HEY" you better make sure you know who you're talking to... sergeant" and he told me the sergeant was like "sorry sir won't happen again sir and almost pissed himself" and I was just like :ugh2: when he was bragging about it to me.

My friend is a 140 pound stick and looks like he's 12 years old and could easily be mistaken for a 17 year old private. What would you have done if he tried to pull this crap on you when he was on his 2nd day ever of active duty?

2. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

if i had seen him done that, i would have pulled him aside and reamed him for acting like a pretentious douche

it's cockbags like that who give new, young officers that stigma of being complete assholes

3. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

the Sgt. most likely did not almost piss himself. he reacted in a manner that would get him out of the situation as quickly as possible.

make sure you post the story when your buddy gets his first reaming from a field grade officer :x:

4. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

my platoon leader has barely been in for a year and i don't put up with her shit AND i'm not a sergeant.

5. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

:rofl: i honestly would have laughed in his face

6. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

your buddy is a MORON. He gives us LTs bad names. I hope he gets chewed out by some senior NCO AND a field grade officer, at the same time.

*bang*

''medic? yea... uh, Lt got shot...from a uhhhh enemy sniper... who stole my gun... oh, then he gave it back. seriously''

7. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

He sounds like the typical Lt that thinks he is the smartest, fastest, strongest, and most hardcore person in the military. I love crushing their ego at every opportunity.

We had a new Lt show up at our unit blowing his own horn from the start. Saying he was this and that, and how great of an athlete he was. The first time he ran PT I made sure to start out right behind him. Around mile 1 I pulled up next to him ran with him for a bit and then slowly increased the pace knowing his ego would get the best of him. It didn't take long for his lungs to overpower his ego, and he let out a soft whimper and started walking. I turned around and said "What's wrong Lt, Can't keep up with a 30 year old enlisted guy?". God I love young officers.

8. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

it's not typical man - honestly there are a handful of those pricks and they're very vocal and give us a bad name, but by in large most of us Lts are just regular guys who realize we're new guys, and we're just doing our best to do a good job and not look like idiots.

9. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I have been in the military for almost 12 years now, and the majority of Lts are exactly what I described. For the most part Lts are arrogant elitist that feel their education places them above the enlisted corps. The fact that they tend to be 22 years old and still trying to find themselves has a lot to do with it and I understand this. You can see a change happen about the time they remove the butter bars and start to become more comfortable with their role as an officer.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  10. darnit

darnit New Member

As far as officers go,some are good some are bad. But unless they are prior enlisted, about 90% of medical officers I have know are tards. This goes across the board for all services.
    A sheep skin on the wall doesnt equal intelligence,savy,witt,good looks, charm,charisma or leadership skills.
    It does equal a determination,the ability to punch the right tickets in school, and some diplomacy to those above you(better known as ass kissing the boss).
    The should civillianize all medical officers or anyone of them in a non combat job; and only keep field grades,lines,and combat tech officers.
    IMHO

11. KnightRider1114

KnightRider1114 New Member

"Sir...STFU and let the Joes handle it"

Too bad he's not an Armor or Mech Infantry butterbar.....I love sledgehammer qualifying them ;)

In my unit the butterbars were treated like they were just overpaid PVTs....srsly....get my coffee

12. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I know what a battle buddy is...but I'm confused as to why you would require one...secondly I'm confused why it would be imperitive to the NCO to ask this. I assume this is a post regulation that you will conduct PT together or if you are IET (which he is technically) you need to travel with a Battle Buddy...regardless your buddy is in the wrong based on what you typed here. Here's the correct answer to the NCO's query:

"How you doing Sergeant...I'm a lieutenant in the Basic Medical Officer's course. It's my second day on post, is there a command policy that I'm not aware of that requires me to have a battle buddy or is this an AIT thing?" That simple...end of story.

13. Accord

Accord New Member

:bowrofl: oh my god that is so true and EXACTLY like my best friend. He played hockey in college (division 3) and everytime I would talk to him he would be like "yeah, I had 4 goals and 2 assists tonight.... I lead the conference in goals.... blah blah blah" but what he didn't realize is the school publishes all the statistics online, so I went to the website and looked at the stats, all of the last season he had a grand total of 2 assists and 0 goals, yet he made himself out to be a superstar league leader in every category :rofl:.

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Post his email addy.

15. Accord

Accord New Member

He doesn't know that I disagree with all the crap he says, I usually just play along with it and when he starts talking out of his ass i'm just like "okay :ugh2:"

16. Jyokker

we wont mention you.

17. Jyokker

from multiple people ftw2

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

What a cock head.

19. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

do it:cool:

20. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

good thing that stuff like honor, integrity, and discipline aren't valued in the military... :ugh:

I hate your friend and predict that every enlisted man that works for him will hate him as well.

21. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Post e-mail addy so we can bombard him with e-mails calling him on is stats of being a liar.

22. Jyokker

GENIUS!lc

23. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

24. eter

eter New Member

I have a feeling for doctors and dentists they don't really care and will take pretty much anyone, thinking if they are good enough for that they are good enough for the army.

25. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

come again ?