SRS So my best friend is getting married on saturday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ty Webb, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I am the best man. This is all wonderful news and it should be a funfilled and joyous event.
    However, I am nervous. I have never had a friend of mine get married before, let alone one that is only 22 years old such as he is.
    I feel as if things may change. The fiance is also one of my best friends so we have no beef or anything with each other. I am also sort of seeing her best friend so things are good.
    What really made me think of all this was a comment she had made to the girl I am seeing. They always go out and have their "girls nights" on wednesdays and such. She made the comment "After i'm married, I dont think I am going to be doing the girls nights as much anymore." :ugh:
    Now, I don't know what this means, but why should she(at 21 years of age) put a hold on her 'girls nights' because she is married? What could this mean and what could this mean for my best friend?

Like I said, I have never had anyone this close to me get married for the first time at this age before while still in college as well, so I don't know what to make of it?

Do you think things will change just given the comment she made and their ages? What does holding that actual title "marriage" do to people after all is said and done? I am staying positive about it all, because this is their moment and I don't want to ruin anything for them, but what could the future hold?

Any serious input/opinions/experience feedback would be great.

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

OH BOY! Good luck. I had to be best man too and I think I was more nervous then the groom was. I held on to that ring so hard...I didn't want it to go rolling down the aisle in the middle of the ceremony haha.

Don't worry about it man. Marriage shouldn't change anything...or at least it hasn't for any of my friends. When they have KIDS is when things might change. :)

3. johan

johan Active Member

Life will change for everyone, but probably not in the ways she is expecting.
    Frankly, life would change anyways, with or without this marriage.

Girls night out have a way of changing in your late 20's even if everyone wasn't married. It's just the way things are.

In her case, she no doubt has a mental picture of "married life" and it's probably a lot more staid and regular than when she was a so-called "wild and single girl". Even if she wasn't all that actually wild.

Just let it be -- you actually have no choice anyways, it's their life to live -- so just try to be happy with things as they develop.

You never know, things might actually improve. It wouldn't surprise me at all...