SRS So my best friend and roommate called

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ChaCha, Dec 11, 2007.

1. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

told me he's changing school/work rotations for a job out in Virginia. I'm really happy for him though, he's never had a job that's paid well and it sounds he'll actually do things related to his degree so thats all great.

However, now I'm going to be all alone in a 5 bedroom house. My rent doesn't change so thats not an issue but I don't like being alone.. and I'm single.

I lived alone before and it was hard for me to get out.. I have other friends but no one really close or anybody that would probably invite me to do something unless I asked, pretty lame. Most of my friends are off to other schools a few hours away so I'm fucked.

I play the guitar a lot, but I don't think thats going to be enough to keep my mind busy.

just venting

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

living alone rocks man. i did that for 2 years in college. if you want to have people over, just have a party, if you dont want ppl over, then you dont have to deal with them

walking around in your underwear for the mutha fuckin win

edit: im a social person too.

3. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I dont see anything wrong with that at all. Your going to have to fight your fears and live alone, but we all have to do it at some point. I think it would be sick as fuck. Just find a few guys you think would be good to chill with and invite them over occasionally. Hell if you ever date a girl you always have a safe place to take her. I'd say you try it and it may not be as bad as you make it sound.

If you want social activity invite people over.

Otherwise eat big lift big sleep big. That should keep you busy, fellow lifter :wavey:

4. bighungryshark

bighungryshark New Member

you might actually like living alone. there's gotta be things about having roommates that you dont like.... so it wont be that bad. and when you wanna be around people, you have that option.

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. If you want people over just invite them. And when you don't you got a place all to yourself. Living by yourself is going to be a lot better when you have a gf and no room mates to interrupt alone time.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sorry, it sucks losing a friend, but at least you are not bitter at him-those people suck. First things first, get yourself a smaller place. There's nothing more pointless and saddening than being in a huge place by yourself.

7. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

Yeah I mean its easier said than done.

Isolation is depressing, but maybe it'll be different this time since I'm 21 instead of 19 and in an area where I know no one.

8. Robynchick

Robynchick OT is going to get me fired..... too late! i alre

Yeah, i can relate and it is easier said than done! My ex an I broke up about a year ago and he moved out of our place. I ended up living alone for about 6 months in an area that I didn't have too many friends (maybe 2... and they weren't wanting to kick it often). it was mildly isolating/depressing at times to come home to an empty house. I felt like Catwoman, lol.

I kept on thinking it would be a good idea to sign up for extracurricular activities (sports classes, art classes, clubs) to get out there and meet people.... I was just so lazy/a little socially nervous and it never happened. It is hard to meet new people when you are all by yourself and don't have other friends as a safety net when initiating conversation with new people.

I ended up moving back home to save the money on rent (to use toward grad school) and have made a few friends in my new town through my sister. Still wish I had more girl friends... but that is a whole other story.

I know it's hard. We all just want to feel wanted. Just try to get out there and meet people. Maybe at bars??? As a girl I never wanted to go to a bar alone, but it seems different for guys. Alcohol is a social lubricant, lol.

9. Bleed

Bleed New Member

just start networking with friends. isolation is only temporary. start calling people you know to see if they want to come over.

shit man, you have an entire house to yourself. throw a couple parties and you will never complain about being alone again.

10. Bleed

Bleed New Member

bars are bad. people have their defenses up way too much there. work is a good place as well as school.

11. Robynchick

Robynchick OT is going to get me fired..... too late! i alre

everyone keeps recommending you have a party... but I know that when i was in a simmilar situation there was no one to invite to a party!!! Do people just type up fliers and invite random folks to their house?

It's not that easy.

12. Bleed

Bleed New Member

i know its not this hard to meet people. everyone has to know 1 friend. that friend knows friends and they become your friends.

13. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

funny how my best friend really isn't a friend at all..

we decided we should go snowboarding before he moves to virginia for work. He texts me last night saying he can't go because his gf is sick. Well I shouldn't be surprised, this is what usually happens. Anyways, apparently she changed her mind and wants to go now, but I just ignore the calls.

What a friend.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  14. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

wow chacha im sorry man.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

While that is kind of shitty can't you understand that he's leaving his girlfriend as well? She's probably bitching up a storm that he needs to spend his last moments with her and he just assumes that you two are close enough and that you can understand that. But apparently not since this one instance is making you already announce he's no longer your "best friend."

16. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

well from my post I can see how it makes me look like a jerk but this is how its always been. She is a controlling, annoying, spoiled, High School girl.

That being said, ever since they've been dating him and I never get to hang out w/o being blessed with her presence... ever. Even when we do plan on hanging out and just chill, she will always work her way in whether or not she's invited. Not to mention she calls every 5 minutes.

There was a time we went to the mall and she's calling him every 5 minutes as always and then eventually she shows up out of no where. She gets pissed because neither of us want to hang out with her, then eventually he just goes with her and said we'll hang out another time.

Yeah I don't have very good friends. Seems like most of my friends just stop talking to me when they find a gf.

17. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

i was very recently living in the same situation. even guys ive known for years and years pulled the same shit. and you know what i realized? some guys ive only known for a year or so..........you know, the ones you meet and only hang out with at school, ect.....never do that shit to you. and are always nice. so i dumped all the fuckheads and hang out with three main people, us 4 are tight-knit now and i dont even want a girlfriend anymore because ive finally found people i can be close to.

18. Pringles

Pringles New Member

maybe I'm being too naive and blunt, but life's tough. Just gotta do what you can with what you have. You wont know till you try and many people do it so it can't be too rough.

19. Bleed

Bleed New Member

yeah i've been in that same spot dude. but at the end of the day, you and him are not going to be spending the rest of your lives together. you will find a woman, and so will he. and at most you might see each other for 1 or 2 days a year.

i'm about 3 years ahead of you, and that is what happens. i live at home with my gf every day. i see my best friends from college about 2-3 times a year...if that. i have about 4 close guy friends that i play golf with on weekends that live locally to me, but my roommate from college lives 2000 miles from me now and i see him at thanksgiving and xmas.

dont get too caught up on the fact that you dont spend as much time with him as you used to. it's just how life works.

one of my good college friends told me this and i think its very true. he said, that he considers me one of his closest friends because we can hang out at anytime and we pick up right where we left off. dont get so caught up with him because he still sees you everyday since you live togehter. im sure he has to tie up loose ends with people that he will never see again. if you really want to hang out with him, why not throw him a going away party so that you get to spend time with him and at the same time be a good friend.

here's the thing with isolation. i moved out of my college town 1 month after graduation and moved to an area where i knew no one. i didnt have shit to do after work so i started working out everyday, playing tons of golf, and focusing my time on getting ahead at work. 3 years after, i wish i can have 1 week where people wouldnt call me so i can have some time to myself...

so it's a blessing in disguise what you have now. use it to better yourself, and the social thing will come later. just dont try to focus on the negatives of your situation. this is a great time for you to get yourself ahead in life.

20. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

lucky fuck, i would kill to have a 5 bedroom house to myself