So my b/f's on a mission to find people from his past

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Queenpkn, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Queenpkn

Queenpkn New Member

And I always think its cool when you run into someone you havent seen in a while, but I cant help but feel unsettled on why it's sooo important to go look for them.

I mean the past is the past right? and its the past for a reason right? then how come it bothers me that he's finding these old female relationships?? I guess I think its weird cuz I don't look for people anywhere and i certainly dont look for old "guy" friends I have.

Am I just being an insecure chic right now or do you think it's weird too?

2. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Yes.

I occasionally look for any name I can remember. I've gotten in touch with people from all different periods of my life and it's really cool

3. kiri

kiri New Member

how old is he? i think it's borderline weird...

like you, i think it's cool when i randomly run into people that i knew a long time ago (and sometimes i'll check out their facebook profiles or whatever to see how they're doing) but i wouldn't actively seek them out just for the hell of it. has he given you a reason??

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

it would annoy the shit out of me if my gf started doing that.

5. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

would annoy me too if my gf did that..

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

That is kinda strange.

After high school when I first entered college I lost touch with a huge majority of my friends (male and female). I kept a few of the important ones, but for the most part made all new friends. Recently, I have been running into them again since summer just passed and some of them are graduating, etc... and one thing I undoubtably realized was that I left them in the past and made new friends for a reason. It was cool to catch up, but I didn't really establish new friendships with any of them.

I can't imagine going out of my way to re-contact all of these people and spark up friendships again. Just seems kinda strange I guess.
    Maybe if there was one or two people that he was interested in contacting it would be ok... but on a "mission" to find everyone... I don't know about that.

7. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

I think you may just be a bit insecure or paranoid.

Sometimes it's just nice to catch up.. it doesn't really indicate that he is unhappy now.

8. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

a bit odd but i agree with Matix

9. NCS

NCS Active Member

over time he probably realized he lost touch with some people that he never meant to. i dont think its a big deal.

10. Protoman

Protoman New Member

sounds like the tv show My name is Earl

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well at first I thought it was obvious that he was having some sort of crisis of identity. Maybe he felt secure in HS with himself and wanted to find old friends who could vouch for him and make him feel a certain way again...But then you said he is looking up old female friends. Is it women only? Because that I would worry about. If it's guys and girls then you are just being insecure.

12. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

my bf will sometimes look up old girlfriends on myspace. Its a tad annoying, but he never contacts them, just looks at their pages. personally, I just leave it alone. it reminds me that you never know who is checking you out on the internet :noes:

13. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

It depends on the situation. Just friends, no. Ex girlfriends, yes. IMO. And it really depends on how desperate he is to find them.

14. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

As soon as he finds them, it's likely he'll remember why he never kept in touch. I ran into a bunch of people from my past at a reunion recently.... God...

15. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

My mom's at her 30 year HS reunion right now. :coolugh:

Unless he does it daily or it consumes his life or something, I don't see why it should be a big big deal. Personally though, I think if he wanted/needed to stay in contact with them, he would have from the beginning.

16. Project X

Project X New Member

i think ur bf is the insecure one. hes prolly doin this shit to piss u off or make u feel jealous... he must be insecure or jealous about somthing in your past... number of sexual partners? the other guys? his size? etc...

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Looking up old friends = fine. I do that on myspace sometimes.

Looking up old GFs = you have a good reason to be concerned.

18. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Maybe he's trying to put the past to rest :dunno: Maybe it's a personal quest to better himself. Maybe he has lingering resentment/anger that he's trying to get rid of. Maybe he has some questions that need to be answered. Ultimately, it sounds like more of a personal/spiritual growth thing to me. We are the sum of all of our experiences.

19. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

Im going to disagree with ya here. why be concerned about looking up exes? there is a reason they are exes, remember? And if its just to see how they are doing, i dont see a problem with it. Even if someone is an ex, doesnt mean you dont care about what happens to them and hope that they are happy. Or if it went really bad, hope that they went to hell. :mamoru: myspace is a good way to verify that without contacting them directly.

20. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Honestly if I looked up exes is wouldnt be to get with them.

I actually despise one of my exes but just want to know how she's doing.

21. Stev

Stev Active Member

IDK, i think its pretty normal to go back and try to find friends or old relationships(because you were so close once, and now he is secure in his current relationship he wants new friendships back). IDK.. after i was with my ex for a while i sought out really old friends and 1 or 2 ex's.

But I wouldnt say i was actively going through steps to hunt them down. Just giving them a call if i had their cell or leaving a message on their facebook/myspace etc. Nothing more.

22. low20

low20 Member

soudns wierd to me...id be pissed....if he has not kept in contact with them over the yrs. then why all of a sudent does he want to see them again? is he bored or not have enough friends?

23. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Anybody else hate it when people start threads and then never post in them again? Lame.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:mamoru: We all just care too much

25. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Or we're all just that bored and want to proven right when people come back and update.