SRS So much went wrong in just one day...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JustJeff, Jul 23, 2007.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

So, I just need some time to rant. No responses are really expected, and I'm not looking for advice, I just need to get this all off my chest.

So, last night, my friend called me (i met him at Virginia Tech, and he lives in Upstate New York) and said he was going to be on the island for the weekend. So I was like, cool, let's chill. So we planned on Sunday going in to the city.

I had already planned to hang out with my friend Joe on sunday. We were going to go to guitar center and hang out and get him bass strings so we could jam.

Well, anyway, turns out that my friend from tech couldn't make it out to the city in the morning and he was planning on going at night. SO, we were going to get dinner. Still all good.

SO I call my friend Joe to go to guitar center, and he doesn't answer. So I leave a message. Now, I'm bored out of my mind so i sit with my phone in my hand for a while. 4, 5 o clock comes by, and joe finally calls me back. He had to go to his aunt's so we couldn't chill. All well, so i call my friend Chris back up. He's stuck in the Hampton's and he's friends are going to be there all night. So no city for us. Well, that just shit on my day.

So, i sit on my computer all day and do nothing. I decide that it's finally time to go to sleep. I grab a glass of water and my phone rings. The phone never rings at 11:00pm. My brother calls: Our cat was hit by a car in the backyard and was sitting dead in the middle of the road.

So, My dad comes down and grabs the bin.

There's a center for retarded kids that fucked their lives up (like a juvy center) in my backyard. I assume that's it's one of the dumbass workers that hit my cat. So anyway, we begin getting heckled by them, some few choice words and a 2x4 fly by, and we finally make it to my cat.

That's probably the worst thing that I could have seen.

It's just been a shitty day and I've felt depressed all day. I have to get up for work tomorrow and I don['t know if I'll be able to. It just sucks.

Thanks for listening.

2. Xtreme2k2

Xtreme2k2 GTI Crew ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

Sorry about your cat :( :hug:

3. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I hate those days- when the day isn't even half over and you just want to say 'fuck it' and go to bed- so at least that way tomorrow will come a bit sooner and you can start over...

I hope tomorrow is better for you :hug:

Good luck ;)

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Except for the cat part, that sounds like a typical day for me. Nobody calls, and whoever I had plans with usually ends up blowing me off, so I end up going to bed.

5. JustJeff

Yeah, Max was MY cat. He was a stray and we took him in when he was just the size of my hand. He didn't like people and always ran away from everyone. I was the first one to be able to pet him, and am still one of the only ones that was able to get close to him. He would listen to me and everything... :(

It was hard to sleep... again. I feel like this shit happens to much to me.

I feel bad for him: He had an infected right eye (Which was the reason why no one would take him...) and I don't think that he could see anything that was coming towards him. I just feel bad for my mom, she is really close to our cats.

Thanks for the responses.

6. Lucky Penny

I hope you're feeling better today :hs:

7. JustJeff

I was feeling a little better. Just before I left for work though, my mom stopped me and asked:

"Did you tell your brother yet?"

I said no, and I saw her get really sad. I felt bad: She took it really hard. We've done nothing but care for this little guy. He couldn't be more than 2 or 3 years old. To live for that long so happily when everyone else turned him down is an accomplishment in itself.

I remember waking up in the morning and coming downstairs to a big orange thing laying on its back, feet spread out and eyes closed. It's probably the funniest thing you would have ever seen before.

The only thing that sucks is that the realization hasn't hit yet. Last night still felt like a dream.

8. xfuneral4aheart

xfuneral4aheart New Member

Wow, that sounds awful. :( Hopefully today was better for you.
    :hug:

9. Lucky Penny

Damn! Well, at least it's 9 pm- here's to a better tomorrow!!

10. JustJeff

I know I'm really dragging this out of proportion, but I've got a question:

We have another cat: Simba, who is like the "Woman of the House." She takes care of Max and make sure he doesn't get himself in trouble, sort of the protector. She's taken out other cats trying to attack Max, and a few racoons.

She keeps walking around the house, sniffing all the spots that Max would be, sitting on the deck and sniffing the areas where he would sleep. She is just sitting there, thinking that there's something wrong.

Should we have showed her Max, or should we let her just figure it out on her own? My mom keeps saying that we should of showed her Max so that she would know what's going on.

I don't know though, I feel like that's unnecessary. :/

11. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

It would have made her depressed.

I forget where I saw it but there was this documentary where a mother lion found her cubs dead and she was visibly depressed for a month or so afterwards.

Although, with Max missing, I think your cat will come to the same conclusion. :hs:

They're rather smart actually. :hs: