So... Mono...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Improvolone, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

What are the chances of catching it airborne if you are hanging out with someone who is infected?
    What are the chances of catching it if you are close for decent periods of time with someone who is infected?
    Mono is a herpes variant, right? So if someone with mono gave oral sex to someone else, would that person in turn develop genital herpes?
    How about if someone gave oral sex to someone with mono, would that person catch herpes? Or is it ONLY through saliva?

2. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

mono is not airborne, nor can it really become airborne honestly.

its passed through saliva mainly (the kissing disease), but i suppose it could be contracted from oral sex, as saliva would be on and around an opening of the body...it is a herpes family virus but does not really exhibit the same actions as herpes since it mainly stays dormant.

3. Bella

Bella New Member

From what I know it's from oral work, like sharing spit... kissing, making out, sharing a drink something like that. Not really airborn like if someone coughs on you. I've never had it but from what I hear it's oral. I know it's through saliva and it's not a form of herpes.

4. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

it is a form of herpes, it is the Epstein-Bar Virus which is a type of herpes.

5. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

and to let you know if you develope mono there isnt a cure and the treatment will all be symptomatic (just treating symptoms of it but not the virus itself) as there really isnt any anti-virals that do anything to EBV

6. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Mono sux0rz!!one!!!

Stereo is better!

Nah really Mono is some bad shit to get, knocked me on my ass for a week, and I was in good shape at the time too. Other's I heard it effecting them for as much as a month, though a week to a week and a half seems to be average.

From what I know, it can't be contracted airbourne, unless the effected person spits or coughs on you. Sharing a drink or kissing that person though makes the chances much greater that you will get it.

7. unstablexlife

unstablexlife New Member

its contracted through saliva (sharing a drink, kissing, etc.) 95% of people will have the virus before the age of 45, although it may just lay dormant for their entirity of their lives. and it is possible to kiss or share a drink with someone who is infected and not become infected yourself. if you do kiss or share a drink with a person who is infected and you dont 'catch' it, it generally means you already carry the mononucleosis antibodies, but they are dormant.
    it's a pretty tough since there are no treatments for the actual virus, just symptom relief.

8. downass

downass New Member

The EBV virus is a son of a bitch.
    Knocked me down for 3 weeks....still suffering from it.
    But i´m almost cured :wiggle:

A bonus u get: You are not allowed to drink alcohol for about 6 month after the infection. :hs: :sadwavey:

9. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

OOPS :o

10. JohNny T

JohNny T Guest

what are the symptoms of mono? i've always wondered....

11. DagoRcR

DagoRcR OT Supporter

Mega fucking tired. Cold-like symptoms. Sore throat. Enlarged glands.

12. Ghostaz0r

Ghostaz0r With my ego, I can stand there in a Speedo, and be

My girlfriend just got it...which probably means I have it, but since I dont know, and wont find out for over a month because it just chills in there dormant for a while, I have to not kiss her for the rest of the summer. WHY must you do this to me god.

13. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

I had it once. It kicks the shit out of you and make you quite tired.

I stopped seeing the girl who gave it to me. I figured mono was getting off easier considering all the other crap that's out there.

14. Ghostaz0r

Hey guys, i have a REALLY QUICK QUESTION that i've always wanted to know:

Say i dont, and have never had, mono and I eat out a girl who has it. Will i get it from the p00n juice? or is it merely saliva and saliva alone?

15. Xplora

Xplora New Member

I had Mono a couple summers ago I think it was, from of all people my cousin..*no i didnt kiss her* I think we may have accidently shared a straw on our way up north???....took me out for well over a month...couldn't even keep water down....I thought I had a sinus infection when I went to the doc..but he sent me home sayin it was just a sore throat...2 days later I had to be hauled to the hospital because I was so weak and couldn't do anything....

After I got rid of it I still had to go in and out of the hospital because it messed up my liver so bad...

right now I'd kill to have it...I could use the extra sleep...

16. Ghostaz0r