So, Last Night...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Eddie Brock, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

I had some time to sit back and think about life... What I've done, who I've done, just things I've accomplished in general, where I see myself in a few years, and things I would change if I could. I noticed that with every relationship I've had, I've been the one to end things or the one who doesnt care as much. I guess I've always thought that "The one who loves least is always the one who controls the relationship" or that there are so many women in this world "Why stress over one?" or "With so many women in this world, what makes me sure this is the one who fits me best?" I feel like this way of thinking has potentially ruined a few relationships...Has anyone else felt/feel like this? :p

2. THoC

THoC New Member

the first part of loving less = control no i have not.

the second part of how can i know someone is right for me and is someone else out there a better fit.... yes i have.

3. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

Relationships definitely are not a contest to see who can have the most control, and with that "there are so many fish in the sea" attitude, you'll never be happy with the girl you have, so yes, both of those schools of thought are detrimental to relationships.

4. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

yeah i know, but its difficult to get pass that way of thinking. In my defense, as I mature a little more I'm starting to see its nice to have one person who you will be able to share things with. I.E. life experiences such as vacations, first time activities, etc. so Im showing a little bit of progress.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Definitely. I felt that way for years! My first real relationship ended with me crushed when I found out I had been cheated on. After that I became much much harder when it came to emotions and it was pretty impossible for any guy to get me worked up in any way. Sure, I dated a ton of guys (some for months) that I cared about but I always ended it with a ":dunno: there's someone out there better for me." And while some might chalk it up to maybe me being afraid to get hurt when I look back now every single guy I dumped was for the right reasons and I know we wouldn't have lasted anyway because if I DID really love them I wouldn't have felt compelled to end it.

Anywho, I guess what I'm trying to get to is that even when I met my current bf (and I've written about this before, so sorry to anyone who is tired of hearing it) I had absolutely zero intention of anything serious. I thought it would be a nice fling and now almost 3 years later it's nowhere close to a fling. Months went by, my guard let down a little bit and I realized this was the most important person I had ever dated :hs:

It could happen for you. I wouldn't stress about it unless you are tossing woman aside quickly for tiny reasons.

6. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

your first part is just like mine :mamoru:

classic guy who likes a girl and gets friendzoned, she said better off as friends, i find the pua community, become somewhat misogynist, find another girl who i thought was really cool 2 years later and an exception to what the pua community preached, that didnt work out, i become REALLY misogynist and right now i'm having a hard time finding someone i care about :hs:, i'm just :dunno: after i go on a date or two with most of the girls

i almost miss being infatuated :o

7. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

My sentiments exactly... its like im not really impressed anymore... its a weird feeling. its a feeling of indifference. :rolleyes:

8. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

For me when it comes to a relationship I guess I just look for someone who I like being with. Someone I'm attracted to, someone who I get along with, someone who keeps me entertained, someone who makes me happy. It's basically a matter of figuring out what's important in a woman to you and finding it. Chances are there is always going to be another girl out there that things work with, but if you find one that things click with really well you know you're in the right place.

If you always have the mentalities you listed you won't get far. Don't worry about controlling the relationship, just be happy.