SRS so just when I thought things were starting to get better

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Dec 2, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

So the last year or two have been kind of ruff for me ever since I graduated from college. I have had trouble juggeling bills, medical issues, work issues, grandma dieing. It has just been a horrible experience ever since I graduated in 06. Also found out my grandpa had altheimerz. So I bitched about it for awhile and got tired of feeling sorry and went out and did something about it. I moved in with my grandpa to take care of him, have been working and paying off all my debt and should be completely out of debt soon. Pretty much have been on point with everything I should be taking care of.

Then the last month or so everything came crashing down again. Grandpas dieing and his live in nurse says hes got a week left before he dies. Mom informs me that shes kicking me out of his house as soon as he dies because she wants to sell the house as soon as possible. Essentially leaving me homeless. I feel pretty pissed off with the situation because Ive been doing everything I can for my grandpa and every one just kind of dumped the responsibility off on me. Ive turned down some great job offers out of state because I wanted to be there for my grandpa and now Im getting screwed over.

Just needed to vent /thread

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Convince your grandpa to leave the house to you in his will?

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

at this point he cant change anything because hes gone. He hasnt been awake in a week.

4. cascade85

cascade85 New Member

Doesnt your mom realize your going to be homeless?

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Not to be crude or anything... find out if he as a will, what is in it, or if he does not have a will, consult an attorney on what happens to his estate. You might be able to keep the house if you get lucky.

6. esrever

esrever New Member

You can also get power of attorney and have the doctors deem him incompetent. There are different types of POA, with a full POA you can make all decisions for him.