MMA So Joe Rogan thinks Tim can hang with crocop

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by DooDoobutter, Feb 6, 2007.

1. DooDoobutter

DooDoobutter New Member

2. tidbits

tidbits the POPE

Most likely not, he just has to hype the possibility.

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

wouldn't matter if they had a midget fighting crocop they still wouldn't say the midget was fucked, they gotta hype hype hype

4. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

Joe knows what's up and how the game is played.

I wonder how long it is before Tim and CroCop meet up.

5. DooDoobutter

DooDoobutter New Member

did you even watch the eddie sanchez fight?

6. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

7. damiand

damiand Proceed

I dont think it would be as quick as people make it out to be. Me being one of them. But a few facts made me reconsider my stance. One, apparently Sylvia recovers well, he got his face punched pretty damn hard by Arlovski (second fight) knocked down, and recovered by the time his head bounced off the mat. Second, after all the man is 6'6 260, even with little strengh that kind of weight and size makes for a strong punch simply because of the mass behind it. Mirko got clipped in the exchange with Eddie, if that was Sylvias right hand, I think Mirko wouldnt be as comfortable pursuing Sylvia. I still pick Sylvia as the underdog, but by considerably less then before.

8. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

silvia has been about as agessive as a jelly fish his last few fights, I see Mirko hunting him down but it wouldnt be quick becasue of the lack of offensive effor by silvia

9. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

as i said on multiple ocassions, sylvia would give crocop more trouble than people give him credit for, but mainly due to reach and weight. crocop's obviously not going to the ground, and even if he did, it'd be hard to keep sylvia on the mat. as far as standing, sylvia's reach advantage could keep the distance. high kicks to sylvia's head would be near impossible, given the angle and proximity crocop would have to get. his best bet is body shots and chopping kicks, but again, he'd have to get in range first

10. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Dont forget Sylvia crouches

11. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I've always considered Tim to be the most under rated fighter in the history of ever.

I think Cro Cop will win but I think it will be a war.

I love how Tim has 2 decisions and then he is a "boring fighter". He KO Rizzo, Tellingman and AA. The man can fight.

I'm gonna be nervous watching Cro Cop fight him because I'm scared he will eat one. I would be my soul that Tim can hit harder than Randleman.

12. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

in preparation for a shoot, like against monson. he won't have to worry about the takedown from crocop

13. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

I think Tim has the ability to KO Cro Cop. Mirko will have to chop him down if he plans to win. People think it's simple for him to land his LHK which isn't always the case.

14. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

as much as I am annoyed by Joe Rogan and his shitty commentary, I believe there's no way in hell that man actually believes that.

Tim will probably stand against Crocop for at least a round. Even my Sylvia-hating ass knows it. He's just too fucking tall and his jiggly gut protects him from body damage (joke obviously... Barnetts jiggly gut didn't help him any when he took that shot to the liver :rofl: ). Once he opens up his guard Crocop will get him. It's simply a matter of time. That doesn't mean that Sylvia really has much of a chance (which he doesn't).

15. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Randleman is ridiculously fast and leaped in from beyond kicking range with a wild left hook to KO Mirko. Plus Mirko had to be worried about the takedown. If he put his mind to it and followed through Randleman could beat anybody.

Sylva is much, much slower, poses no threat of taking Mirko down and throws predictable straight punches. Hell, even monson, whos like 4ft was getting counter attacks on Sylvia. Mirko will have no problem with him.

16. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

crocop by LHK FTW

17. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

18. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

yesi ts possible he can hang with him, past the 1st round...but for the 2nd and 3rd...if hes lucky. i think the fight would be over at mid-end of the 2nd round. now if crocop cant connect his kick right to oaf tims head...the fight will go 3rd round. apparently tim's jaw has been fixed by arlovski and has quick recovery time.

still crocop will be victorious, if tim pulls an upset, the rematch would be crocops.

19. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

wow, that's one shitty analysis :rofl:

20. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I don't think CroCop would walk through him as easy as people think, but I think ultimately Mirko would win... I'd guess he would chop the giant down to size with brutal leg kicks and body shots...

21. OnionPeel

OnionPeel New Member

this thread got me thinking...who would win alexander or sylvia?

what you guys think?

22. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I don't think we're going to have to worry about tim vs mirko. I bet that Tim is looking past Randy and he's going to pay for it. But, if he makes it past randy, I see Mirko taking his legs out from under him with low kicks. Speaking of which, why hasn't anyone tried that with tim before?

23. Optamix

Optamix New Member

AA did in their 3rd fight. Tim checked on of his kicks in the first round really hard and gave him a bad bone bruise and he couldn't kick anymore.
    I've had one. They friggin' HURT.

24. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

true, but, can you really compare AA's kicks to crocops, as far as set up, speed and power.

25. raxton

raxton .