SRS so I've moved on, but I forgot how to get a girl apparently...need some help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cryptonomicon, Dec 18, 2007.

1. cryptonomicon

cryptonomicon verba volant, scripta manent

I'll make it short. I'm finally getting over my ex-girlfriend, but not a single girl I meet is even pushing the "potential gf material" button. I'm trying to find another girl I like, but every girl seems just like the last--shallow, dumb, or only interested in the attractive-but-a-huge-asshole type.

I'm a junior in college, and I'm a biochemistry major (I'm pre-medicine) and also a psych major, and my school doesn't make it too easy to double and graduate on time w/out overwhelming yourself.

I do go out and drink and hit the party scene, but none of the girls I meet are even remotely interesting to me. My problem right now is that I can't determine whether this is because of the girls I'm meeting, or whether it's some relic of my last relationship (am I subconsciously looking only for someone seemingly identical to my ex?) or something like that.

Of course, I'm still attracted to many of these girls. But I'm one of the (few, it seems) people around here looking for an actual relationship and not just random, drunken sexual encounters.

So, while I'm not sure exactly what my question should be, I'm open to any suggestions/tips. I'm not 21 yet, so I can't go to the bars. The usual searching for girls in my classes (to break the ice by studying together, etc.) is seemingly not an option. My organic chemistry II class next semester will be the same kids, blah. Any suggestions or tips appreciated!

you guys here in the Asylum helped me once (even though I initially thought I never was going to get over her) and I'm counting on you guys to pull through for me again! :)

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Good-looking assholes are attractive to most women because while they may be assholes, they'll also be good providers for their families. There's no getting around instinct. If you're not a good-looking asshole, you're just going to have to accept that you won't be attracted to (or attractive to) your normal vapid blonde airhead.

You're absolutely affected by relics of your previous relationships. It's called maturing. No getting around that either.

Where did you meet your last girlfriend? Go back there, unless it's no longer appealing to you. Also, if you ever figure out where all the smart, cute chicks hang out, send me a PM. Best I can tell is they go into teaching.

3. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

l best advice i can give you; get drunk and say you are pre med.

lol; chicks dig a man with EP.... earning potential

hell i used to do that but i was finance major

4. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

engage in activities you enjoy that way the girls you meet through those activities will at least have similar interests to you. socialize with every girl you come across that peaks your interest. heck, a simple "hello" will do. if the girl doesn't measure up, move on, but don't be afraid to give girls a chance. those shallow, dumb girls may have a lot more to offer than you may think. some of those girls are just putting up a shield and could be nervous which is giving you the wrong vibe. a little extra probing will let you know if they are worth any extra effort.

just remember, you're not trying to prove your worth to these girls. they should be trying to prove their worth to you. who cares if you're not one of those attractive-asshole types you think they want. you're not interested in what they want, only what you want. are they the type of girl you're interested in? that's all that matters.

that's a simplistic way of looking at the situation, but there are ton of great threads on this subject within this sub-forum with some solid advice.