SRS So I've got myself in a bind...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JustJeff, Dec 11, 2007.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

So, here's the deal, and this is really new to me cause I'm not used to this shit.

Background info:
    - Never really had any friends
    - One serious girlfriend that I lost my virginity to, then soon after broke up with her
    - Never have been loved, or been in love with someone
    - Got to college and met a bunch of people, now I am nothing like my highschool person.

So here's the deal:

One of my best friends introduced me to her roommate, and I sorta had a little crush on her. I talked to her about it to see what kind of person she was and what kind of guy she was into. Well, it didn't match who I was... so I backed off and went back on with my daily life. A few weeks later my friend came over with her roommate and we had a small little party with some people in my dorm.

Well, things hit off well, and the roommate and I ended up hooking up and doing some stuff. At this point I didn't know if she really did like me, so I talked to her a bit the next day and we discussed some stuff. The week after, we did it again. Again the next week, and now we've come to this week.

Apparently, she had been waiting for my phonecall yesterday and I never called, not because I didn't want to but because I didn't remember I told her I was going to call her. My friend came over and we talked about some stuff: and I feel that my stupidity and greed have gotten me into a situation where I'm not only fucking over my chance of a relationship, but I'm screwing over a friendship... one that I loved to have.

So now here's my position: I am going to be talking to the roommate today to discuss some things. I feel like I need to cut everything off and start over from the beginning, but is this a bad idea? Should I just try to fix what we have now and pay more attention to her, or should I just cut it completely off? I mean... I don't think I even feel attracted to her anymore.

I feel like a dick, and I haven't just done this to her, I've been extremely irritable to anything that the guys I live with do. I've been yelling at them, making fun of them, and just putting them down in general. I feel like there is something wrong with me, but I don't know why I'm doing it. I feel like a dumbass, and I don't know what to do to make it work out.

I guess I'll just have to go with the flow.

And it's great to mix all this shit with my 4 finals in the next 3 days. Great timing, right? Oh well, any suggestions will be helpful.

2. Straycubone

Straycubone Guest

You can't just "Start over" with someone. As much as you'd like to. What happened, happened and nothing short of a time machine can change that. I think you're better off just apologizing. Thats prolly what she wants you to do anyway. And who knows after all this clears up you may remember what you saw in her.

3. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. I agree. Just talk to her and apologize. Chances are you're just really stressed out right now with your finals and everything you've got going on so you're taking it out on others. Just finish up finals and relax. After everything settles a bit then look into things with this girl. Maybe when you get past you'll realize what you want (whether it's to be with her or not). You need some time to relax and think. Let her know. And if you don't want to be with her then let her go and move on. It may hurt her but it's best in the long run.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

DO NOT APOLOGIZE. If you decide to, make it very brief and without drama. I wouldn't do it though.

This isn't a big deal. YOU are bringing in the drama.. I don't care if she complained about it, or was upset about it, you should not bring this up or dwell on it at all. Women are chased away by emo boys whom are full of doubts and drama. Let it go.

Instead, take a proactive approach from here on out. Call her up and ask her out on a date. Make a real strong attempt here. have a date and time in mind as well as a back up in case she already has plans (and pick both options for any day between Sun-Thurs) and call her up and ask her out, just you and her. Go miniature golfing, bowling, out for drinks, or SOMETHING that allows you to flirt with her, joke with her, tease her, etc and have a good time. ALWAYS kiss close.

DO NOT talk about your feelings EVER, not during the courting stage. Save that shit for when you're in a relationship and she is head over heels. DO NOT "discuss" things. Serious topics and discussion is BORING. Keep things light and fun.

Get on the ball bro.