So i've been off the wagon for almost 5 months

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by moses, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

and i'm a damn fatty again. Gained 20 lbs in that 5 months in what seemed like a blink of an eye. I got busy with a new job and moving and unpacking etc...

My question is basically how do you guys feel about the PT at 24 hour fitness? I know i'm gonna get shit about read this, do that, read this, do that, etc, but i just dont' have the time to do it and would rather have someone design something for me that should work. I've got a better income now and am able to afford sessions without any real problem. So i'm thinking this may be whats best for me.

no hating please :)

2. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

If time isnt a big deal hit the super sport off of 183, last I checked they had some pretty decent ones. I wouldnt go to the one thats near Oak Lawn tho, unless you're ok with making new "friends" :greddy2:

O the one off of 75 is decent to, its really busy on wed for some reason tho:dunno: but those are 2 that I know are pretty decent, depending on how far you're looking to drive.

3. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Breaking News:
    Most PT's dont design a workout for you. They make one up & have everyone do the same thing.

4. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

so you want to pay someone to do it for you so you don't really learn anything about tayloring something to yourself and your needs? Newsflash: the trainer doesn't know whats going on inside your body, how you're recovering, your food needs, etc. Read a little and start experimenting with ideas of your own or steal someone elses... but at least know WHY you're doing something instead of "do this and you'll lose weight". Oh, then when you take 5 months off next time you can gain it all back since you don't know how to manage your diet yourself.

Either do it yourself or don't make another post in here.

5. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

That'd be 2 1 for fat soccer moms and anothe for stringbean guys saying they wanna get "big".

6. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i used to go to the new super sport downtown and it was very nice place. I'm jsut curious of how much it'll cost and what not.

7. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i've done plenty of reading in the past and was doing great up until 5 months ago. I know how my body works, i know all the right foods to eat, and I know how to diet.

What i don't know is the best workout for what i'm trying to achieve. I don't know if i need to do cardio in the AM, then weights after work. I don't know if i need to do weights, or cardio at all. I don't know if i need to alternate days between weights and cardio. I've basically got a lot of these types of questions that can be asked here, but someone responding "RTFM noob" I feel as though i've asked these questions before and not gotten any response.

So please, spare me the "don't post in here BS" and don't talk down to me as if i don't know a damn thing about fitness.

8. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:bsflag:

many times i've eavesdropped on PT & client conversations...

client: so do you have everyone do the same workout?
    PT: pretty much
    :doh:

"Here ya go, balance on this ball, now squat while trying to do a tricep extention"

It's like they try to come up with the most complicated shit in order to make their clients believe that getting in shape requires over-engineered exercises.

9. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

STFU & do what you were doing 5 months ago. :squint:

:kiss:

10. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

that would piss me off. I wouldn't pay someone $300-$600-whatever if they're not going to get something together that will help me achieve my goal.

I'm going back on the foods i was on, but I wanted to see if there was a better regimen than what I was doing.

11. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

why'd you gain 20lbs in 5 months?

12. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

Dude, come lift with me at the 24 on 183. I'm there 6 days per week.

You can propably get the necessary resources here in the F&N / S&M dungeon to get your shit on track. I don't know that I can really teach you much, nothing that I haven't learned here, but I'll pester you if you like.

I pay $40 per month for my membership. I go at the busy times of the day, and its really not that bad.

Do your research here, find a routine, I'll help you wherever I can, and you can get fucking pumped.

13. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

after scaring the shit out of myself with an EC stack, i took sometime off and then got busy with the above.

As i asked, please don't preach to me. I'm looking for advice about the subject in question, if you're trying to help I appreciate it but please keep the thread on track.

15. Placebo

Placebo New Member

OMG CAN'T STOP LAUGHING :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

16. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

wtf?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.