SRS So, it's over for my parents

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 6Double5321, May 9, 2005.

1. 6Double5321

6Double5321 Into the blue again, after the money's gone

I was driving home from lunch at my future mother-in-law's house today, and got the call from my mom. My dad wants a divorce. He told me that he's just tired of life never changing, always dealing with stupid shit every day, and he wants out.

This story is bullshit. He has a woman on the side, and has for several months now. It's an online relationship; the woman lives in Texas. My mom just got off the phone with him, and apparently she divorced her husband as well.

I saw this coming. I saw all the signs...an IM window left open, a picture of some woman on the computer, the caller ID showing calls from Sherman, TX, the outrageous phone bill, the webcam that showed up on his computer (we have a small cabin on Lake Allatoona I'm living at temporarily, and he comes over every weekend), the bitching about the lake house phone bill being so high, etc.

And it just makes me sick knowing I talked to this woman once, not knowing who she was. I thought it was a bill collector, because I don't know anyone in Texas, but...well, I guess I was wrong.

I knew he talked to people online in chat rooms. I just didn't know how far it had gone.

I'm just numb right now. He came back the first time, twenty years ago. So now I sit here and look back and question every minute of my childhood. Stay together for the kids, I guess. Well, the four of us are grown now, so I guess there's no reason to stay around if you're tired of your wife bitching and nagging about taking care of basic housekeeping duties, and working, and supporting your goddamn family.

:sadwavey:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

He did his job taking care of you , and although it still will always hurt because you know he's your dad and you have the feeling he should stick with your mother, and quite frankly he should. But if your dad is really unhappy with your mom and vice versa for extended periods of time then it might be better for them to seperate , even tho you don't agree with it and never will, and although he is going in the wrong for doing so. Its unlikely he can be stopped, and i think its very very sad that he made this choise. But at least he was man enough to raise all of you. And in that you could respect him.

3. 6Double5321

6Double5321 Into the blue again, after the money's gone

I know. I'll get over it, eventually. I'm just worried about my mom and how she's going to handle it, because she really did love him (and still does).

4. :smile:

:smile: New Member

hey at least he stayed for you guys to grow up, my father wasnt even man enought to do that & now he wants to be around for everything i do..he acts like he never left sometimes & i hate it

5. yoV6cam

yoV6cam Big AL "Boss of The Bosses"

this probably has nothing to do with you, but doesn't it hurt when you FIRST realize you're parents are just human? Not the perfection we held em up to be when we were kids?

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You are 1000% right, but they are an example, and its part of the education that they give you a correct example of how things should be. Its all about perspective too. You can worship love them for the special bond of parent/kids or there can be a complete hell between parents/kids. I think it is a part of perfection when parents truelly love eachother, and take care of the kids. I gues that's why marriage is sacred, namely for the loving bonds that we have with our family.

Its also a matter of perspective, do you expect your parents to be perfect? I would have more value in it if they did their best, and loved eachother thru good and bad times. It doesn't hurt when you realise your parents are humans, it hurts when they cannot sustain the love that gives magic and happyness to the life that they live. It doesn't hurt either that you realise they aren't perfect when you come to view yourself as not being perfect either. Its all about trying to make the best of it, and not letting eachother drop as a brick.

7. johan

johan Active Member

It's for the best. And it's good for you mom too, though it may not seem like it. We all want to love and to be loved.

She deserves someone who really wants to be with her. She's not going to find that while locked into a loveless sham of a marriage with your dad.
    He too deserves happiness, best of luck to him with this internet match.