SRS So It's Been a Year

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by aus-juiced, Nov 6, 2005.

1. aus-juiced

aus-juiced New Member

It is one year today since my mother killed herself.

During the last year I have been seriously thinking about doing the same. Finally, I got forced to see a psych, and I am now on Prozac. I have my up days, but most are down.

I am 23 and don't really see the point in living to say, even 30/40. Since I was about 12, things have been bad. Since I was about 16, I have been to so many funerals of people close to me that I have sort of come to terms with death. I have decided I am going to commit suicide before I get old. I know that this is a pretty fucked up worldview. But, I have had a year to think it through, and I now figure that you may as well have fun while you can and then get out while the times are still good.

I guess I just needed to vent. Don't even know if/why I should post this. But, you know ...

2. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Is there any way to move on? Any hobbies you want to get into? Go meet some people? Party? You're at a prime of your life, I can't believe I'm reading this...

Do you go to school and work? For some reason I think you aren't socializing much.

3. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Do you feel helpless about how things are going in your life? Make a huge change. Move away, or get a new job, or make a new circle of friends, make a decision to drop any and all negative thoughts, etc. Start being selfish and do things only for yourself. You don't have to be rude to anyone to do this, just start putting yourself first.

4. aus-juiced

aus-juiced New Member

I am getting ready to make another move, this time to a house by the beach. I want to leave Aus and go to the US to live since I pretty much have no family (that I want to see, anyway). But I still have a year to go on my second degree. That is pissing me off, too.

Plus, after my mum died, it hit me that pretty much everyone that I knew were two-faced jerks. I see maybe 2 of my friends now, and the rest ignore me.

So I just feel stuck in a hole. No matter what I do, I can only get near the top of the hole, then I fall back to the bottom.

5. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

IF you don't mind my asking bro, why did your mom kill herself?

6. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Don't play the old game. Set new rules. I don't know about all these head drugs.

7. aus-juiced

aus-juiced New Member

I have decided to try to come off prozac after uni exams have finished for the semester. It makes me think slowly, and I tend to fill in gaps in sentences by swearing or saying "whatever". I think that I, too, have lost my creativity. It's hard to remember feeling this relaxed, though.

Any tips for coming off the meds? I think it's the best thing to do? :dunno: