SRS so it happened...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Radiohead, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Radiohead

Radiohead Everything in its right place...

i had a thread in here a couple of weeks ago about a possible custody case i would be going through. i am moving back to TX in a couple of days and so i let my ex have our son for the last week. yesturday at work i got served papers saying he was taking me to court for custody. i freaked out and left. i went to go pick him up from his dads and when i pulled up he was putting him in the car. when i tried to get him out, his father locked the door. told me i couldn't have him. :wtc: and then he called the cops. since we were never married we both have the same rights. and the cops could do nothing. so i left. i was so upset that i had to pull over. i have never cried so much i my life. and there is nothing i can do to see him till the court date. this is so hard. if the judge grants me joint custody, instead of full, i will stay( of course!! ) but it's the fact that somebody is telling me i can't see MY son that brings me to tears. i'll be fine for a while then i will just start crying. i just can't believe this is happening.....

2. J

J Active Member

that's terrible.. i hope you win full custody

3. Radiohead

4. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

I have a son too and God forbid somebody tells me that I cannot see him.. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. I hope all works out well for you.

5. Vay

Vay New Member

Radiohead I might not post much in the forums, but I am very sorry to hear what is going on. I hope everything goes well with the court date. :(

6. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

How can he keep you from your son if you two were not married? What is the law on that, anyone know?

7. Vay

Vay New Member

Well I am not to good with the law, but to me it would seem that he would not be able to keep her away from her son? Unless before the court they said she coudl not? Besides that I do not see how they can keep her away.

8. Radiohead

we were never married and never went to court for custody. this whole time we've had verble agreements with eachother. pluss he is on the birth certificate. i wanted him in his life. we split up a year ago and since then have had every other week.(one week with me, one week with him, and so on...) i said he could have him this last week to spend time with him and he runs off with him :wtc: but i have a good case...

to answer the question...if my son is with me, he can't take him away. and if he is with him i can't get him. but this was never an issue till i decided to move.
    but like i said my lawyer is building a great case for me, and as for my ex...he is making himself look like an ass by keeping him from me. and the judge will see that, i hope :x:

9. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

:O
    I can't believe he had the nerve to lock the door and tell you you couldnt have him back! I really hope you win the custody case, so you can move and get the job you mentioned in your previous thread.

I think the judge would definatly favor you in edvidence of this previous act of complete immaturity. It's a good thing you were never married.

I feel so sorry knowing your son is caught in the middle of all this and being told he's not allowed to see you.

10. andrews3739

andrews3739 Guest

i have been reading your post about your son Andrew (thats my name too :) ) and i hope everything goes well for you and good luck on the custody case

11. TombStone

TombStone OT Supporter

so the plan was to move to another state with your son and the son's dad didnt want his son moving away to another state ? Sounds like a good dad to me..