So is wearing a wolf shirt peacocking?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl:

I mean, the point of peacocking is to convey the message that "I am high value enough to deal with the added social pressure of dressing in a way that stands out..."

You know, I was gonna post a pic, but just go look at this thread:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3296090

Discuss what types of added social pressure would exist due to wearing a wolf shirt.

I want to take this thread in a certain direction but I'm going to see how it goes on its own first...

2. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

ohhhhhhh viper...

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

People are idiots. Do what works.

Falconer, I have not really experimented with peacocking. My peacocking is more like being noticeably groomed... I've gotten comments / minor jabs from guys on my attire, so clearly there was some added social pressure from it, but not like the shit some people are comfortable wearing.

Viper, you need to get your head right out of your ass. Do what works, period... and stop bitching about it for chrissakes. Want money? Get a job. Want love, or just some really amazing ass, or social power? LEARN PICK-UP. Oh I know that's not what you read on the cosmo forums but just try it. Get a little field experience and see where it takes you.

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Haha wow, what an ignorant statement ^^

People tend to peacock when they do have what it takes in terms of personality, and they want to express themselves instead of conforming, you freakin tard, lol.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I have no intention of wearing a wolf shirt. I just think they're hilarious, and people definately stand out when wearing them :rofl:

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

is it a nickos wolf shirt?

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

They look like shirts you would get at a gift shop in Orlando...

8. JohnJohnJohnson

i rlly dont see it drawing social pressure.. its a t shirt

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It definately draws social pressure. I just don't think it's a good kind.

10. dstar

dstar it's the motherfucking remix. OT Supporter

holy shit where can i get that obey shirt

11. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Whats a wolf shirt?

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's basically a shirt with a picture of a wolf on it. Usually it's airbrushed-looking. Just click on the link I posted and you'll see a lot of examples.

Here's an example if you can't wait to click that thread:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

14. ware_ru

falconer stop using the internet. for the good of humanity

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

viper, the double standards will never stop here.

16. ware_ru

have you ever considered the possibility that your belief that a woman wearing a short skirt is just for attention and that it is a direct reflection of her entire internal psychology as a girl who is slutty... is not actually a reflection of the girl and is instead a reflection of you and your own belief system?

edit: is it possible that you think of them (girls you have never even spoken to) in such a negative way because your subconscious realizes that you probably couldn't have sex with them, even as your body and libido so strongly wants to; and thus in a way flying in the face of so many other beliefs you might have inside of you? is that possible?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

This thread is not about the justification of peacocking. Nor is it about the hows or the whys of peacocking.

It's about wolf shirts and if they are considered peacocking.

I wanted to discuss the difference between drawing attention to yourself in a positive light vs. a negative light. It seems that peacocking, while outlandish (by design), still has to fall somewhat within the range of "acceptable fashion." For example, a dude wearing high-waisted jeans with tapered legs and a tucked in sweatshirt (obviously not fashionable) would definitely draw attention to himself, but it's not really peacocking. Regardless of if you're a fucking stud who can handle all the social pressure in the world, I still don't think that work work. Would Tom Cruise wearing that outfit in a bar be a tool?

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'm just gonna throw this out there.

*clears throat* Guys, it's just a shirt. Not EVERYTHING has to be analyzed.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

Only nerds analyze everything... Matt is cool tho, he's like "guys you just need to chillllll out" :)

20. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I would wear a wolf shirt if my "I'm a fucking retard" shirt had food all over it.

Maybe not even then.

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

It's true though. These guys really do need to chill out. Stop worrying so much about how many women's numbers you get, how many women you sleep with, etc. Focus on what makes you happy.

For example, I live in a one bedroom apartment with my pet cat, work a full time job about 3 minutes from where I live, am keeping on top of the bills and still able to spend money occasionally..

I'm happy. Why? Because I can do what I want, when I want...I don't have to worry about bothering anyone...and I always have my own place to come back to.

I have my own life and independence...so why should I worry about how others perceive me? I do what feels right to me.

I honestly think a lot of the posters here could be a lot happier if they just relaxed for awhile.

22. NCS

NCS Active Member

i never peacock just to peacock. if i do it its because i felt like dressing silly/crazy one night.

that being said, i dont live in the US, and i dont get the whole "wolf shirt" thing. can someone explain why this is "cool" or "uncool" ?

23. JohnJohnJohnson

Hey, that is really good for you Matt.. props.

Let me put it this way. I find nothing as meaningful as sex with a beautiful girl who I'm in love with who loves me back.

Nada!

During other periods of my life, having four or five smoking hot friends-with-benefits, that kind of lifestyle, is the most amazing thing.

I LOVE that shit. It's like being on fire.

At the same time, this desire creates a big void in me that I need to fill, a compulsion that I have to satisfy. So I spend a lot of time getting somewhere.

It's like the seedpod-aliens movie for me. Would you sacrifice your emotions?

On the one hand, your life is simpler... you just chill out. You don't have excruciating fears to face down or a mile of work ahead of you or massive criticism from your friends / family / fellow OT'ers.

On the other hand, you lose the passion you were longing for in the first place.

What would you choose? Personally, I like my life to be complicated.

24. giz

giz Active Member

I would wear it to peacock. Just as I wear Emerican's I heart Boobs tshirt. It gains attention, simple as that.

Whether or not that is a bad thing, is up to you. Negative attention doesn't bother me, and if I display the right attitude, I very rarely will receive it.