So is Chevy going to make the same mistake with C6 that they made with the C5?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by jdm_powah, Jun 28, 2003.

1. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

I mean interior wise, they were knocked hard for the lack of interior quality...

Is Chevy going to take all the criticism to heart, or just do there own thing? Maybe a nice wood trim, some brushed metal, or maybe carbon fiber? :dunno:

I really like the car, engine wise it's great, but to stay in the game Chevy should give the consumer what it wants...

So what do ya'll think?

2. JoeyCrack

JoeyCrack Active Member

if you complain about the interior on a C5 you shouldnt be driving a C5 :o

3. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

you've never been in a vette have you?

The interior isn't that bad. Sure it's not up to par with a $150k supercar but then again, it didn't cost $150k.

4. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

Well no it's not that bad, but I am just saying they did get knocked for it. So do you think they will spruce it up?

And yes I have been in a vette, my friends dad has one. :)

5. no because the guys who buy them arnt bitching only kids with hondas bitch about C5s interior because they cant let a domestic have it all

6. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

:o

Actualy a few auto mags knocked it...

7. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

They were getting knocked for it by the biased and ignorant rice crowd along with some from the BMW, MB, Audi crowds simply because the interior wasn't up to that of a luxury car.

Many of the luxury car people complained about the gaps between plastic when there really aren't any. Someone made a picture to explain the different in how the plastic was put together. Why the hell would you complain about what it looks like between the plastic if you have a sport car like a vette?

8. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

Guys who buy vettes don't buy it to jerk off over the dash, that's for damn sure.

9. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

Well some people just prefer a more luxurious interior. :dunno:

10. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

True, but maybe Chevy should do something to make a little more luxurious, if only to just attract some of the MB and BMW crowd...

11. gLok

gLok Offshore Member OT Supporter

If they fix the interior, people will still bitch about something. The people bitching arent owners.

12. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

Sports compact mags?

Some magazines are really bad. SCC or some other mag had the Viper Destroy everything in a competition yet bad mouthed the thing through-out and article on it just because it wasn't an import.

Some of these guys in the magazines are ridiculous. I was reading Car and Driver where they were reviewing one of the new Dodge Ram. One guy complained that it kept switching into OD too fast and that his answer for it was "Nothing a SBC and (insert ID of transmission here) couldn't fix". For me it was just like, "No you fucktard! Turn off the OD if it upsets you that much. You're too biased to be in a magazine, get the fuck out!"

Well yeah, don't listen to magazines.

13. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

[/endyourself]

you dont base your decision of buying a 400hp sports car on the fucking interior

14. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

It's not suppose to be a luxury interior. It's a sports car, not a luxury car. Even if they did put a luxury interior in the BMW and MB owners would complain about something else. A luxury interior might add some weight too.

15. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

I read in Car and Driver that Chevy is addressing the interior "problem".

16. hondaluva

hondaluva likes free hugs...

I'm sure they're not heavy footing it to 5000 RPM everywhere either. BTW, I'd love to see the demographics on C5 buyers..... I really do.

17. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

C5 = 350 hp

I never said anything about the Z06 :slap:

18. gLok

gLok Offshore Member OT Supporter

They put the best interior ever in the car, then everyone bitches about the added price lol.

19. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

Well then they aren't buying C5s. They are buying something like an M3 or an M5.

20. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

You guys are missing the point though. The real question is, yes or no, are they going to restyle it?

Should they or shouldn't is a whole nother bitch.

21. iZero

iZero Guest

It's not up to the standards of a Toyota Echo. It sure as hell costs more.

22. jdm_powah

jdm_powah Guest

gas milage probably isn't as good too :o

23. iZero

iZero Guest

IBsomeonesaystheyknowaguywhogot50mpgonthehighway

24. hondaluva

Cause its different customer preferences. When some people think of spending $45k, they want something with a decent interior. Having driven the vette, I must admit that , other than the seats, I felt like I was in a malibu until I hit the pedals. This is the reason why cars that offer a good balance, like the Porsche Boxster (a luxury sportscar) and the BMW M3, sell very well.

Not to say that these are bad cars at all, but People that buy Vettes, Vipers, Mustangs, and even S2000's MR2's and 350Z's make that sacrifice of luxury. Just like people that buy 7 series and CL class benz's and things make that slight sacrifice in sporty peformance. Its as simple as that.

25. hondaluva

They might do a slight revision of the rear, and some other cosmetic looks, but I don't expect for it to look too radical from the C5/C4.

Hell, I'll place money that any next gen. engine that goes in there will stay 5.7 liters, and will be a pushrod V8. They got tradition going there.