MIL So is a Corporal able to give orders to a Private First Class?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Artanis, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Artanis

Artanis New Member

In Germany we have 5 groups.

Group 1: "Mannschaften" from OR-1 to OR-4
    Group 2: "Unteroffiziere ohne Portepee" OR-5
    Group 3: "Unteroffiziere mit Portepee" OR-6 to OR-9
    Group 4: "Offiziere" OF-1 to OF-5
    Group 5: "Generäle" OF-6 to OF-10

So Group 1 can't tell Group 2 what to do, but Group 2 can tell Group 1 what to do. :hs:

I'm a PFC in teh German Army but I can't tell a Private what to do... cause they are both in Group one. Is it different in teh US? :mamoru:

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

you're doing it wrong.

SGT: Corporal Dumbass, take Private Dipshit down to the motor pool and PMCS the LT's vehicle.
    Corporal: Dipshit - get your ass over here. We're going to PMCS LT's vehicle.
    Private: :wtc:

3. Artanis

Artanis New Member

lawl... here a corporal is as wothless as a private. Both are group one. :mamoru:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranks_and_insignia_of_NATO_Armies_Enlisted

4. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Seems to depend how the units run with the army...i've seen some one where it was seriously E-2's telling E-1's whats up and other units where you had to be at least an E-5 before you're getting the slightest power.

5. Socrates

Socrates New Member

In theory, maybe!

6. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

I've seen more than one situation where an E-2 ran the show with E-3s and E-4s while performing maintenance. It all boiled down to who had the experience and often times among maintainers that person may have faced a reduction in rank at some point. This obviously isn't the norm. As an E-3 I led maintenance teams of other E-3s and below on a daily basis. You're damn right I made sure their shit was straight because at the end of the day I was signing off the inspection.

7. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

This all goes out of the window in the Navy, where you have E5's leading workcenters with multiple E6's in it because they're retarded.

And no E1-E4 is going to listen to each other, they'll work together, but not for one another.

8. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

in the navy we get the "everybody is a leader, everybody is responsible for this/that" speach all the time, so noone listens to anyone without fighting/bitching/moaning/trying to get around/out of it

9. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

not many people are observant enough to notice this :noes:

10. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Talk about lack of discipline. That's just how it works in some services.

11. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

just like that other thread, with the guy talking all that weird shit about sncos being like officers and all that crazy crap. marine corps chain of command and leadership philosphy, if actually followed, makes the most sense to me out of any service.

12. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

You should have seen when I had to chew out Chesty Puller. :mamoru:

13. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

now the only problem is revamping how we place who into the spots of those clear chains of command, and why

14. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

that is at the Commander's discretion

15. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

yeah, i heard he was wearing improper civilian attire, and you squared him away real good!

16. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

There are no "LPO" billets in the Navy. It is generally the most qualified first class in the shop. However when every first class is a raging retard all you're doing is picking the top of the worst. The thing about the navy is it promotes you to stop learning and to become dumber the higher up you get. I know witht he marines I worked with it was almost the opposite. Of course you had your prodigy E1-E4's who worked with computers since age 3 and were awesome at them, but the E6's actually kept up with technical knowledge because they had been to real schools (not navy taught schools, real civilian taught ones) and were expected to be able to perform at the same level or higher than their junior troops. E7+ is kind of the same, but obviously you're going to spend more time doing an administrative job, but any of the E7+ marines I've met could easily do the job if no one else was available.

In the Navy that isn't so. I've met less than a handful of E6 & above that can do their job. Once they put on E6 they become like admin bitches and are not required to do their job. This is usually what turns them in to shitbags, because now stuff is going on work related, gear breaks, they dont understand what is going on, they go explain it to someone higher up, the higher up gets a different story from the tech who actually knows that is happening, and the higher up reams the first class for not knowing whats going on in his/her shop. It's a cycle that repeats itself hourly.

And again, in the NAVY, E1-E3 is the same rank with different pay. This is due to it being automatically given out. All you have to do is not going to captains mast and you'll be promoted after the few months you have to do in each one. E4 is kind of a gray area, in a very few rates they are actually put in charge of small groups of people for tasks, but in a lot of rates it is either an 80%+ advancement rate or it is given out after training so they're considered "pushbutton" E4's... not much more than an E3 with crows.

17. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i meant more along the lines of who is allowed to become officers and why, who is allowed to become senior enlisted and why...and thats more up to like, the commander in chief and a bunch of other people to change the military...never going to happen though :sadwavey:

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Yes.

Cpl's are the ones that should be handling shit. If it comes to the Sgt...you're wrong

19. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

In the AF, you are nothing until you make the rank of E-5. Then other airmen take you seriously. Happens all the time. But that's just the AF. The Marines have it right. Lucky crazy bastards.

20. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

AF always gave shit to Marine Corporals at their NCO club, wouldn't let them in because AF NCO's are E-5 +.

21. insomnia

insomnia New Member

what the fuck career field are you in? :ugh:

22. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Must have been those flip flops and torn jeans