So instead of doing my work, I did some social observation.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by demosnat, Feb 6, 2008.

1. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I'm sitting in my favorite coffee shop, where my old and current roomie both work, studying (sort of) for my exam tomorrow.
    Translating passages about Marco Polo into English bores me, so I started trying to observe what sort of male attention I get (in accordance with the other thread) when i'm not seeking it. In public places i don't pay attention to this sort of thing, i'm usually busy, and in a relationship, so I don't really care about other guys unless they're being predatorial/scary.

Guy one: that I noticed. Looks like my type, shaggy and hipster. He passes me without a glance, and sits down to chat with his gf :) i LOVE knowing that men in love don't check out every girl

Several random guys: walk by me, smile and nod. Just polite I assume. One makes prolonged eye contact. Also kind of scenester, but in a cleaned up sort of way. Looks a bit older, probably has a job and what not.

Roommies friend at counter: whispers to my roommate who says "oh man, morgen this is blank, blank this is my roommate morgen. The guy smiles at shyly and shakes my hand when I extend mine. My heart melts. I hate how much I love men who I can see are intimidated by me. He looks like a total user :o

last guy: I don't notice him, he must not have been sitting near me. But he walks by me to leave, makes eye contact, and hands me a note. "wish I could stay and chat, but I have to run, just wanted to tell you that you're gorgeous! I'd love to see you again sometime, give me a call!" and his name. Weird thing is, he was maybe 25 or 26, clean cut, blonde and blue eyed, very neatly and stylishly dressed, very attractive in a much more traditional way than i'm used to liking.

I'm not about to date again or anything. But i'm really trying to focus on whether the type of guy i generally date is going for me, or if I pick them out :hsd:

Being single is sort of fun.

ibmakeathreadaboutit

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol which one you going to take home

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

My shower doesn't hold hot water for more than five minutes for some reason as of late. So whichever one digs fuzzy legs

4. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

So what would you have done had the guy stayed to talk to you rather than spending 5 minutes writing out a note saying he had to run.

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

Imagine if he'd have just walked up and said that and walked away instead of sitting and writing a note about it. lol

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:rofl: @ the guy who left you a note. Past gf's and friends have had that happen to them. I don't think any of them ever called the guys

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Depends on a million things. I was busy with something that is stressing me out, so I don't know how well i would have received it. Men also make me nervous, and i'm emotionally vulnerable right now.
    I'm sure I would have been receptive to the right approach, but I couldn't tell you what that approach is.

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Its happened to me a handful of times. I never call, but i've also never been single when its happened.
    Creepiest was when the guy who lived above me left a note on my door. :o

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I think he was? Blonde, fair skinned, blue eyed and well dressed. I was surprised, I mean, you had to walk by my table to get to the door, so when one of the several people leaving suddenly stopped and handed me something, I didn't have enough time to focus, I was pulled out of deep concentration as well.

Police always complain that when a person is mugged, it happens so fast, and they focus on whats being thrust at them (gun, knife etc) that they never remember the perps face. Its was kind of like that :rofl:

10. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

He took the easy way out!!

11. demosnat

demosnat New Member

The buildings insanely old. There are a million tiny catacombesque basements that have always turned me on :o

12. JordanClarkson

now that is awkward. :mamoru:

13. demosnat

demosnat New Member

it was weird because it shifted back and forth between "couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are and i'd love to hang out sometime" to "i'm new in the area(not true) and really just looking to make new friends"
    He actually became good friends with my roommate (male) around the same time, so this guy was IN MY HOUSE right afterwards. I felt really, invaded?
    I just came home one day and the two of the were getting stoned in my living room, and my roommate was like "oh hey this is my roommate morgen, morgen this is X" and we were kind of like :hsugh: we know.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

It would be awesome if you called to give him your number. Then he could call you up and invite you on a proper date :)

15. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

That would be the most awkward call ever. Probably better as a text message.

16. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:wavey: I was wondering when you would chime in.

I broke up with my boyfriends less than a week ago on uncertain terms. Its way too soon, and its midterm time :o

I need some me time. If I need sex i'll call up one of my old standbys

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I would hate for my first two interactions with a new guy to not involve speaking. You can tell so much more when you can hear them.

I honestly think that call would be kind of fun/cute "oh hey, i'm the gorgeous girl from the coffee shop, you had such nice handwriting I had to call" haha, I would totally say "were you cute? you ran away so fast I couldn't tell" next, but seeing it in print it looks mean

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

you're right

he should have actually spoken to her and gotten her number, so he doesn't deserve it anyways

19. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:wavey:

You obviously placed yourself in this situation purposefully to achieve this result.

Anyway the right man would have the balls to talk to you when the opportunity presented itself, am I right? So maybe this guy is the right type you are looking for, just didn't quite step up to the plate.

20. Pringles

Pringles New Member

exactly. Dont call his ass he was a bitch. The time it took to make that note he could've said the same thing and gotten a number.

But welcome to the single life. I didn't start looking for all those small signs of affection till about two years back, but they are all over like you wouldn't believe and I'm sure it's more for a women than a male.

21. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Sitting alone in a coffee shop studying, that i've been going to to study since I was in high school?

22. JordanClarkson

his game needs serious work :mamoru:

that should be in a book as an example for how NOT to creep a girl out

23. Pringles

Pringles New Member

you just said right there that your seeking attention. So for that day yes you presented yourself as wanting attention. It apparently worked quite well as you had four males present themselves to you in some sort of way.

24. NCS

NCS Active Member

@ your comment: the men in love still check out girls, just less often, and for the simple and dumb reason that their mind is very busy thinking about their SO. when im thinking too much about my job, or a hobby, i'll end up not checking out girls either because i'm so lost in my thoughts. sorry to burst your bubble =P

i also agree w/ Pringles in that you were seeking attention. Not seeking attention would have been to keep doing your work and reflect on whoever came up to you after you left the setting.

25. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

Can you elaborate this? First your heart melts, which I thought you like him. Then you like the fact that he's intimidated. At the end, he's now a creep that use people.