MMA so in this past march and april....

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by DOHChi, Apr 15, 2008.

1. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

my school had an awesome breakthrough.

first we had charuto verrissimo swing by and teach for 2 whole weeks, and helped us with the first no-gi tournament we hosted. i got 2nd in my weight class 156-170 :hs:.

our school doesnt have a black belt, but charuto comes at least once a year to see how we're progressing. he promoted 1 guy his purple, and another his blue. my instructor told me, just from watching my no-gi, charuto wanted to give me a blue belt, but they said my gi game was nowhere near it, which is true. im pretty sure if charuto were to give me it, i might have declined, because im nowhere near being a blue in any aspect.

next time he comes, he said he wants to bring bj back with him. our instructors trained with bj, jd, regan, ross ebanez back in the day. so im pretty sure bj would be stoked just to see them.

second, 3 of our guys competed this past weekend in a local mma event in favetville nc. 2 won by decision, they were both debuting amateurs, and the 3rd lost a split decision, his 4th amateur. nc recently got mma legalized, so many academies are definetely trying to be the best in nc. hopefully we'll be one someday,

third, we had roan "jucao" carneiro come down and give a seminar. he is a black belt under murilo bustamante and fights under american top team:noes:. he went to the fights with us and seemed to have a great time. from what he told me, he is fighting ryo chonan next:bowdown:. jucao lost to ryo the first time they fought due to a cut. so he is really amped to get a 2nd crack at ryo.

jucao is leaving for florida in may to train at att. my instructor might got down there in may also, and i might go with him. if it does happen maybe ill hang out with the legendary ben stark :bowdown:.

anyways, i have just been pretty damn stoked, and i just wanted to share, and i thought you guys might want to know a little something about me too :o.

here are pics also
    charuto rocking out, he has a sick black lucky gi
    [​IMG]

blue belt promotion. the guy was hurt, but he didnt want to miss class, so he came anyways to take notes
    [​IMG]

purple belt promotion, he is also the guy that lost a split decision
    [​IMG]

class picture with charuto
    [​IMG]

jucao seminar
    [​IMG]

group pic, we took charuto out a lot of the nights he was here.
    [​IMG]

if you have any questions about charuto or jucao's classes, or in general about them, just ask.

2. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

homeboy on the left got those dimples tattooed a tad too high on his cheeks

3. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Looks like fun!

Your class is VERY small compared to where I train.

4. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

yea, its a small school, a good class will have about 25-30 people.

5. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Where are you guys out of?

6. Kuet

Kuet New Member

nice man, sounds like a good time..
    but next time you post pics, i expect to randomly see all the hot girls you hang out with :squint:

7. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

we're in wilmington nc.

thanks guys. i definetely learned a lot from both of them.

8. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Good deal. If you guys ever make it up to Raleigh for any of the Pendergrass Academy tournaments let me know. I help run all of them. :h5:

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i want a denim gi

10. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

that's pretty awesome, it would be cool if bj came by :bowdown: whats it like rolling with that fat guy?

11. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

actually, one of my coaches competed at this past one, and did terrible. he got there late, and right as he got there, they told him it was his turn. so he to compete with no warm up or stretching. he hurt his ankle a little too.

if bj came by i would be all :mamoru::noes::rofl::bowdown: at the same time. rolling with the big guy isnt so bad as long as he never gets side control or mount, then im safe.

12. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I wanted to turn down my blue and purple belt. My blue came from Edson Diniz and my purple from Liborio (I would call them no-gi belts since thats pretty much all I trained at the time.) I was told "When someone like Edson/Libo wants to give you a blue/purple belt you fucking take it. Its a huge honor and to deny it would be giant smack in the face. If you don't feel you deserve it you work your ass off that much harder."

I think that advice would fit your position aswell.

13. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

:bowdown: thanks ben.