GUN So in the wake of the Mall shooting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Dec 9, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

just on the main page of cnn.com

a gunman at a church

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/09/church.shooting.ap/index.html

Student arrested in online campus threat

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/09/blogger.threat.ap/index.html

I always hate it when ever one big one happens, it seems like all these little things spring up, most likely because they happen every day (especially in LA) and then media just start focusing in on them, like shark attacks.

On a side not I went to the mall today here is tallahassee and there was no visible increase in police or security presence. Just your normal cop walking here or there, however there were both a cop and a rent a cop standing at the bottom of the escalator in the center courtyard, the rent a cop was looking at everyone who got on the escalator, watching them go up the escalator and taking notes on one of those little pads you always see real cops using on TV for interviews :mamoru: Also I noticed another guy carrying at the mall, one of those bad jobs carrying too, you know the type, I starting doing this, I'm not wearing a belt, my pants are being pulled evenly and the gun is throwing off my gate walk. :ugh:

2. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Just saw an interview about the church shooting. Victim said the gunman had an automatic assault rifle and at least 1 handgun. There was no shotgun, but somehow he was hit with buckshot in the arm. He was bandaged by the EMT and is now fine.

:hsugh:

3. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

And that guy claimed to be in combat before, so some kind of military guy.

rrrrrrrrrrright

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

"I play Counter Strike on the weekends"

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

That's some fine journalistic integrity there, I'll tell you what.

Oh and there were shooting in a dormitory for a missionary training school as well, just not a good day for the church, plus plenty of bad press for gun owners.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  6. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

Glad to see that the shooting at the church was stopped by a responsible gun owner. Hope this gets the press it deserves.

7. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

From what I heard on the briefing on CNN, it was a "security guard" that shot and killed the guy.

What kind of church has an armed security guard though? I was hoping to hear it was a member of the church (that was CCWing), but they might not want to say that and made up the security guard part. :dunno:

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Then again they do call it a mega-church, so maybe it is one that is televangelist style and may very well have some enemies. Still it would be nice if it came out that is was stopped by a common civilian gun owner.