A&P So in the "Art & Photography" forum...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SICK GUY, Feb 3, 2010.

1. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

it really seems to be just Photography.

Don't we have any actual artist producing work that they want to share?

Not to take from Photography as an artform, since I myself take probably too many pictures, but I also work in Photoshop, Google SketchUp, ACAD Architecture, hand drawings, etc.

So as much as I enjoy seeing what others are doing out there in the way of photos, please share other artwork on here as well.

Ill start off....

For the past few months my company has been in a transition of being purchased buy a larger company, and I have been in charge of trying to market ourselves to them, mostly to give them an idea of what they have acquired with us. So below are some random samples of stuff that probably wont get used, but I had fun crating them...

this is a colored site plan thats been altered about 20 different times. done in autocad and photoshop.

[​IMG]

This is some concept stuff for a building that never did get built.

[​IMG]

More concept stuff. done in Sketchup and Photoshop. This is actually my office building.

[​IMG]

I would really like to see what the rest of you are doing when it comes to creativity.

2. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (bowrofl: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Brotography is art :hsughno:

3. Keiphus

Keiphus my dog eats bears

I work in VFX, maybe I can find some stills to post up. Cool stuff you got here. What's with the second polarized looking image?

4. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

these are mostly the super conceptual stuff I do. the look of them is a result of playing around with blending modes and other filters till something catches my eye. sadly, i don't think I could ever really re-create most of what I do since its all just a trial and error process.

5. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

i also notice that people only post their super serious stuff up here, with a fancy "bob's photography" watermark or something. which is cool, but doesnt anyone ever just have fun with the camera??

[​IMG]

this was taken with an old nikon lens i found at a goodwill for $2 bucks! it only works in M mode, but the colors it produced were kind of cool.

[​IMG]

this is looking through a wide angle filter, backwards

[​IMG]

some charity concert...

[​IMG]

camping over the summer..

[​IMG]

6. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I can appreciate the hard work you did with the design stuff. Those photos are not good in any way though.

7. Ty Webb

Fun picture

[​IMG]

Another fun picture

[​IMG]

8. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

im not trying to be a photographer. taking pictures is something i do for fun, not to make money and a career. i have one of those already.

however, i'm not sure how you critique me and then post some pretty basic stuff yourself. i wasn't seeking out approval, just wondering why all there is are serious pictures in this forum, and you couldn't even resist throwing up one without a watermark that lets us all know you seek recognition for your shots.

i dont suppose a $2 goodwill lens would produce an excellent image, but is that the point? long exposures tend to be blurry and streaky. its not about making a pro looking shot, its learning to think outside the box with a camera.

9. Ty Webb

Well that's fine. A lot of us do this for money though - so a lot of the stuff we have or put online with a watermark is to let people know where they can go in case they may ever be interested in work. It gains exposure. It's marketing 101.

I mean - what is "Serious" to you? I take photos. serious is the kind people paid for. The ones I posted, are obviously not. Just messing around.

It's not the lens that produces a good picture, or the camera body, or the film. It's the user behind it. Long exposures tend to not be blurry and streaky when you hold the camera steady, FYI.

I don't think the majority of us are in this forum to post pics from our point and shoot of the party from friday night. It's just not interesting.

I guess I don't see your point?

10. Ty Webb

By the way - it's easier to post digital photography than it is other forms of art, so that may be why you primarily see only photography related things in here.

11. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

"serious" means no fun at what you post on here, not in the context that you're not serious about the work you do. i didn't come into this forum to question your work ethic. you can take point and shoots at your friday night party and still come out with good results. its just not interesting because maybe, just maybe, you're not interesting enough to observe that the world is full of interesting things to shoot.

but, i get the sense that you only believe that there are "professionals" like yourself, and then there is everyone else that just monkey's around with a camera that they picked up at target, like me. a guy that says its all about the person, but probably own a $2000 camera, and a closet full of lenses.

(no, i did not get my camera at target)

12. Ty Webb

I think you may be mis-interpereting my tone. I am only saying things in a calm non-demeaning manner.

I mean - there are some fun things in here to share, but most of us look for critique when posting things in here. It's just what we've come to expect and know of OTAP

13. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

anywayz!!

more random images. not trying to whore out, just hoping others will share more than just photos.

and nicholas, the images posted were simply random, and in no way was i trying to put it out there that they are my favorite images of all times that i want to be remembered for them after my death. just examples that were on hand.

this was a picture of some industrial area, just fun in PS...
    [​IMG]

anarchy!!

[​IMG]
    the birds...
    [​IMG]
    sketchup work. looks like my computer puked on this image.
    [​IMG]

14. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

then lets call it OTP, and lose the art part.

i was simply asking about the art factor. while i get that photography is a serious deal to a lot, it should also be a creative venue for people, and i also believe that criticism is fine, it doesn't just need to come out when i didn't ask "what do you think?"

i take a lot of pictures, but i never want to be a photographer for hire. i do look at photography as an art form, and if im going to get paid, its going to be selling the images i choose, not the other way around.

so anyway, no hard feelings. i just like to ramble.

15. johan

johan Active Member

A few people have posted art -- generally well received. Matt someone posted up paintings, don't remember the rest.

If there's not much art here, well there's a lot more photographers than artists. It's just the numbers.

Instead of taking it negative with your tone and OTP and all that, why dont you be the one to change it.

Post up more of your stuff and maybe the few artists here will speak up too. No one's keeping them down.

Live and let live bro.

16. SkiMax

SkiMax OT Supporter

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  17. johan

johan Active Member

Please enjoy your meal... :rofl:

reminds me of the stuff my ex gf used to do in her design classes for architecture. looks good.
    better than her stuff actually

18. SkiMax

SkiMax OT Supporter

haha thanks man!

19. wrong1

wrong1 Member

Johan, I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your posts. Not only are they usually level headed and informative, but they come with the added bonus that when I read them I read them in adam corolla's voice.

thank you

20. BeachBoy

BeachBoy New Member

I design stuff in Catia, not really art...

I'm also very interested in modern design (furniture, architectural, etc) but this forum is flooded with photography so nothing else would really "stay".

21. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

that was my intention. the OTP had more to do with his argument than how i really feel.

22. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

why is it not art? i work in autocad architecture.

i wouldn't call building design art, but if you take pride in it, and visually it impresses the eye, then who is to say its not artwork?

23. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

i made this for my son using web art.
    [​IMG]

24. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

ok, just a few more sketchup images and ill GTFO, till later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a few more PS images...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]