So in PUA do you get worse before you get better? v.dating history

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My dating history is weird. I never really "dated around" because, ever since I was 18, I've always pretty much had a GF. I'm 26 now. When I would talk to girls in college, I would prescreen them so heavily that it wouldn't even progress to a first date if they didn't meet my huge list of criteria.

Prior to now, I've been on exactly 5 first dates. All of them ended up wanting a LTR with me, and I pursued LTRs with 3 of them. The other two I wasn't as interested in. So it was basically like this:

At 18, I met this girl who was awesome. Got her number, dated her, LTR for 3.5 years.

At 21, I met two girls who were kind of cool, got their numbers, went on a date, didn't really like them, but they wanted LTRs and I turned them down.

Still at 21, I met another girl who was awesome. Number, date, LTR for 3 years.

At 24, I met another girl who was awesome. Number, date, LTR for 1.5 years.

Like literally, that is my entire dating history. All the girls I had LTRs with were awesome, intelligent, good-looking, etc. I always thought that I had a weird dating history because most people I know are always going on first dates and hating like 95% of the people they meet. I always attributed it to my ridiculous criteria that a girl has to pass in order for me to date her.

I also developed an ego (which has sense been crushed) that I was completely awesome because every girl I've dated has ended up wanting an LTR with me. Two of them wanted to marry me.

Also, during all of that, I was basically oblivious to PUA, etc. Now that I'm actually going out, trying to meet girls, and trying to get dates, it's so much different. Most of the numbers I've gotten and girls I've met have ended up being flakes.

I feel part of this is because I feel like I'm trying to force a connection where one doesn't naturally exist (ie. talking to random girls). You guys all know I really only like about 5% of people I meet, anyway, if that. However, for about 7.5 out of the past 8 years, I've had a girlfriend. I think I grew used to that feeling, and I'm trying too hard now because I'm validating myself based on my success with women (bad) and attention from women (bad) instead of by internal reasons (good).

It's funny how always having a GF shapes your perceptions differently from that of someone who hasn't always had a GF.

No real point to this post, I guess. It's just funny how I had perfect success before I found out about PUA and now it's like the exact opposite. :dunno: And it's also funny how I managed to have this 100% ratio with high quality women and it's not just like some random chick who happened to like me.

Now I'm getting flaked on by women of lower quality than my 3 LTRs.

Something isn't right here.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I also wanted to add something else that I noticed about myself, that I have to change.

Since I've had a girlfriend for 7.5 of the last 8 years, I am definitely not accustomed to getting attention from random girls. So when that happens now (rarely), I think I act a little more like a chode than I actually should (meaning, I act differently than a high status male who is accustomed to getting lots of attention from women). I need to fix that.

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I'm kinda like that too. I've hardly ever went on dates but I've had plenty of bfs and dated guys casually. I've never had a relationship start from going on a date, mine always just start as friends and progress to more if we are both interested. There's never any of that "would you like to go on a date" crap though, we just end up kissing at some point and hanging out more. I personally like this :dunno: First dates are totally awkward and it's much easier to find out what a person is really like if you get to know them as a friend first.

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

your downfall is your over analyzation.. jesus

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

True. That's kinda what happened to me. When I say "I met a girl who was awesome," it means in the short time before I got her number, I got to know her and found out she was awesome. So I knew that going into the date we were compatible.

That's much better than starting with a first date and having no idea how it could go.