So imgona have this mtx 1000d laying around now...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by idontgiveashit, Jan 14, 2005.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

my friend gave me his almost new 1000d i think it is, it benched at a lil over 1800watts at 2 ohms. I got the amp in a trade to do some paint work on his exploerer and he cant afford new subs for the amp since his koves got stollen. Im lookin into running a single ported 15 at im lookin at spending about 250 right now. Im planning on selling my current system that consists of 2 boston 12inch rally series and a 1200watt alpine i think it is.. I was just curious on to what your guy's opinions were on a 15, i was lookin at a XXX but this is a daily driver and i do like to crank it so i needs to sound ok under some power load. I used to have some old school shockers, im kinda lookin for something a little better sounding than that but nothin thats up to par of say an ID max or anything like that. I know this isnt the right forum but THe bostons and the alpine amp im lookin at 275 with a sealed prefab box, and a set of 3 10inch concept 10s with an OLD school rockford, im talking the kind witout any lettering on it it says 50x2 but its benched a lil over600 one of the concepts rattles some it comes with a prefab box but its about the nicest one ive seen before, its made of really high density MDF

2. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

A XXX would be a good choice. They are very linear drivers and sound quite good with awesome output as well. You will have to custom order one though. The standard coil config wont work with a 1000D. You will need to get the driver in quad 2 ohm or dual 1 ohm configuration.

3. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Who makes the XXX? I've heard of it, but don't know much about it..

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Resonant Engineering