COMIC So im pretty newish to the comic book world

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mortixer, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

im trying to find some books that i can collect i snagged a few thunderbolts issues and punisher war journals. Also i wanna collect a batman book but i have no clue where to start there. I kinda want a batman that keeps the rest of the dc universe out.

2. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I picked up Detective comics, because from what I understand, it doesn't really cross over, nor does it have a lot of arcs. Mostly each issue is self contained.

3. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Detective Comics, All-Star Batman and Robin (crazy shit going on) and if you want to read some sort-of-Batman related stuff then i'd go for Gotham Central. It's mostly about the Police Department, but there's the occasional guest star and it's really well written. The art isn't so bad either.

Punisher War Journal is decent, but i'd go for the MAX versions if you want pure and undiluted Punisher full on action and killing spree. Garth Ennis and Punisher were made for each other.

4. kurupt

kurupt Active Member

:werd:

Detective comics
    Robin

and if you can, get Gotham Underground

5. b_sinning

b_sinning New Member

Go with set Batman story arcs like Long Halloween, No Man's LAnd, Dark Victory, Hush, etc.

6. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

cool thanks i was looking at batman and robin allstar and it looked good. Il look at the maxx punisher war journals.

7. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

Just good ol Batman is pretty bad ass right now, but Morrison's writing can be kind of confusing. Everybody is right about Detective and All-Star, they are both the most jump-in-able, but if you have an extra 3 bucks to spare, I'd recommend just diving in to Batman to see if you like it. I'm loving it personally.

8. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

yeah i may just pick up alll 3 right now im collecting ultimate spiderman thunderbolts and considering punisher war journals

9. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

ultimate universe is a solid starting point

10. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

so i went to empire comics yesterday with a pretty comic savy friend and they have it where i can have them get any books i want regaurdless if they carry them yada yada pretty standard at most good shops well i decided t o collect allstar batman, ultimate spiderman, moonknight,, the walking dead, and futurama

11. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

good choice, good choice, i got bored of moonknight, amazing choice, futurama? im sure that'll have a few lol's in it. :bigthumb: and good ofr you to be buying books and not just downloading :bowdown:

12. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

the way i see it i like collecting and only read downloaded scans of books i cant find or to catch up to a series so i can start buying them like walking dead. i picked up one futurama and it had some lols and my gf liked it. Im just happy she wants to read a comic.