A&P So I'm looking for a digital video camera

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MA70, Aug 2, 2002.

1. MA70

MA70 Guest

should be $4-600, miniDV, have composite input and output...right now I'm considering a Canon ZR40

any suggestions?
  2. Laser Red

Laser Red Guest

the ZR series are great cameras for what they are. Small and somewhat lightweight.

Canon makes good stuff too, and their warranties are excellent......dont ask me how I know. :(
  3. SpecV_Jim

SpecV_Jim Guest

I have a Canon PowerShot A20 and LOVE it. Probably isn't going to suit your needs, but Canon does seem to make a sturdy product.

BTW - still laughing over your AVs. (both of you)
  4. Why do you want Mini DV?
  5. MA70

MA70 Guest

because I plan on transfering these videos to my computer..and Digital8 is a Sony thing.
  6. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

Apr 29, 2002
    don't get the canon... canon minidv cams have shit for microphones... (one of my classmates in video had a canon... his audio was crap...)

then again, 'you get what you pay for'

in terms of sony, the trv17 i bought's mic isn't that great either... the dsr100 has great audio and the dsr200 (dv) has awesome audio... (expensive as hell tho)

i'm considering selling the my sony and trying one of those sharp dv viewcams... (the 8mm ones seemed to be pretty decent...)

and option you have is that there are firewire-> rca and component converters out there....