SRS So I'm in love with this girl for like 2 years now.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Semper Fidelis, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis New Member

Fell in love with her two years ago, told her like one and a half years ago when she just had a new boyfriend that I love her... gave her flowers on her bday... I helped her to complete her school papers, which was real hard work, I was always nice to her, sent her messages like "How ya doing" via teh mobile and shit. Every time I send her messages on Facebook or MySpace she does not respond, still she acts like she likes me. She has a new BF now, again... I really don't know what do do. Sometimes when I think of her I have to cry. I want to forget her, but I still love her so much and I don't know what to do about it.

I consider her my best (female) friend, I'm always there for her... but I don't know how she thinks about this. I don't see her very often cause my job makes me stay away from home almost all week. I only have the chance to see her at the weekend and most of the time she has better things to do than see me.

I don't know what to do, I'm so desperate. Maybe you can help me. :hs:

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Red flag 1: Mistake one, never try to get into a relationship with a woman who is already in a relationship.

Red Flag 2: Giving, Giving, Giving, expecting that if you're nice enough long enough, and do things for her that she could otherwise do for herself, that she'll "like you."

Red Flag 3: Be ruthless in cutting off losers, and users. People who take advantage of you are disposable. She doesn't like you. She likes her boyfriend, that's why he's her boyfriend, and you're her cute little puppy who humps her leg.

Simple. Stop calling her, stop writing her, stop texing her, stop AIMing, YIMing, ICQing, MSNing, stop talking to her, and most of all, stop coming in contact with her.

You don't love her. You love the ideal of her you've created in your mind. You can't love someone who uses you, takes advantage of you unless you're a head case.

Guess you have an opening in your schedule for a new best friend, because she's not your friend.

Sure I can help you, I can tell you the truth. I just did.

3. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

For future reference on "nice guy" behavior see my post here: CLICK HERE

For future reference on avoiding users and losers see this post: CLICK HERE

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

you'll end up like my friend whos been in love with the same girl for 6 years. i even practically begged this girl to go out with him and she still wont :rofl:

5. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

I feel like there's almost no way that you'll ever get her. I mean, you've already expressed interest multiple times and multiple ways - there's literally nothing else you can do. In fact, the harder you push it at this point, the less likely it will be. You can be sure of that.

6. doggystylin

doggystylin New Member

Metallic pretty much got this one locked down, listen to what he said cause that's pretty much the truth in this situation.

7. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

shitty situation to be in.

8. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

:mb: ftw

Drop her, and never look back. It is clear that you think very highly of her and comparatively very low of yourself. Get your self-respect back and expect more from someone who you consider to be your "best friend".

And don't make a grand gesture out of dropping her, just stop responding to her the way that you do now. Don't initiate contact and be dismissive, but mildly friendly (not passive-aggressive), like you have somewhere else to be (and frankly, you have better things to do than deal with her.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  9. daaarn

daaarn New Member

metallic's got it down. follow his advice. i know it sucks, we've all been there at some point in our lives, but you just gotta understand the situation and move on.

10. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

11. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Sorry, dude. But, that's the least of his problems. :hsugh:

12. Deckard

Deckard New Member

Honestly, I'd say that you just have to move on. You need to look at the situation and accept it for what it is; you will never be anything more than friends. If you don't think you can handle that, then you need to sever all ties with this girl, because trying to make it work on that level will kill you. If, however, you can accept that reality, then you should be alright maintaining contact with her. I was in a similar situation (although I never told her how I felt), and I had trouble getting over it until I just accepted it for what it was and always would be.

13. Bodhi

Bodhi My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g

.. thats golden right there ..

14. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Jeez, think you covered all means of contact there? Haha :mamoru:

15. eljefedetonto

he forgot telegrams :nono:

16. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

17. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Everything said is true, but that bit right there is the most important part. You see what you want to see in her, and you love it.

18. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Writing her. :eek3:

19. eljefedetonto

:hs: