SRS So im in a interesting situation, maybe yall can help? New Girl V. Felon

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Mar 29, 2008.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

This may belong in the vag but I feel more comfortable here because its not related to sex or any other stupid shit.

Ok, so I met this chic a week ago, im going to her ranch today staying the night and chillin tomorrow before I come home. Shes attractive has a amazing personality and we pretty much run paralell in our views.

The hicup im running into is, shes a felon. Shes been out of prison for 2 years, but she still has 3 years of parol left.

The story as she tells it, and im taking it with a grain of salt because ive heard it all before.

She was arrested for possesion of narcotics with intent to distribute ( cocain ) 1st offence

The story as she tells it, she was with the wrong crowd her friend got pulled over and was arrested for illegal firarms possesion ( already a felon ) there was some coke in the car and instead of seeing this person she cared about end up in prison for the rest of their life she took the wrap. Did 2 years got out on parol.

Since then she says she hasnt fucked with any drugs, dosn't talk to any of those people anymore not even the one she went to prison for.

So shes a pretty awsome chic, but im not sure if I should persue this. I dont plan on having a career where my so's background would be questioned, but then again you just never know and that shits going to follow her for the rest of her life.

Im not asking you to tell me what to do, id just like to see what yall think, and put yourself in my shoes and think about it and tell me what you would do.

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I wouldn't even take two years in prison for my best friend since kindergarten. And I doubt she would either.

Come on....she shouldn't have put herself in that situation or around people like that. What kind of person can she be if she is hanging around people with illegal firearms and cocaine?

I would be nice to the girl and even be friends with her, but that's as far as I would take it until you know her very well.

3. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

thats all i had in mind for the time being, but I approach all new girls as if im going to date them, well because im a guy and the only girls I know are ones I want to fuck.

4. Ficus

Ficus OT Supporter

atleast you speak the truth lol

i won't say whether i think she is telling the truth or not, but i have done something similar for friends in the past, not to the scale of coke, but i have taken the rap and gotten in a lot of trouble for friends in the past just so things were a little easier on them. To me its not farfetched for someone to do this (honestly there are a select few that I would do this for if i was ever in the situation, but i think it is very rare for people to think like me but then again i have a weird problem with putting everyone else around me ahead of myself, i dunno why but i just dont give a shit about myself and i always live my life trying to help others, and boy does that really fuck with my life and my happiness but I can't help it)

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Since I'm not in it, it's a red flag on my list. People who have been arrested are on the red flag list.

You know where this is going.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I understand that people make mistakes...but getting caught with illegal drugs/firearms...

Oh, and I like her try to sound noble by "taking the wrap for it".

BS, in my opinion. It's not that hard to stay away from the wrong crowd.

7. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

If I were you, I would get to know her better and give her the benefit of the doubt. Red flags are important but come on..it's not like she molested or physically assaulted somebody. How many of us are perfect or haven't done something incredibly stupid? I don't know how old she was when the incident occurred but if she was a teen, cut her some slack. Some people do very foolish things as a teen but they learn from it and become healthy adults. They key is to find out whether she really is a changed person instead of holding her past mistakes against her.

8. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Yeah, if I were you, I'd probably casually date this one but not get too close until you can feel her out a bit. Everyone has a past- some are worse than others. If after hanging out with her for a while (and by a while, I mean at least a solid 6 months) you can see that she's trustworthy and not getting into dumb shit again, then take it to the next level if you want. :dunno:

If she's still into drugs of any kind in any way though, I'd hit the door now.

how long ago did she get out btw?

9. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

my best friend just did 1 year with the same charge. He's clean and his life is together. Feel it out. A felony and jail time is ugly shit, but my best friend is better today than he ever was in the 8 years I've known him.

How are you with women? I like to cling to them like they're my only option, so I'd take whatever I can get. However, I'm improving my skills with women every day, enjoying "options" for the first time in my life, and its liberating from something I can only compare to a chemical addiction where I've let women define me.

Here's a good though, are you seeing any other women...and if not, why?

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:werd:
    I think the story is complete BS.

Everyone makes mistakes and we're all entitled to second chances but 2 years is still kind of close to the event. I'm not sure I'd ever date a woman that had a past like this. That's just too much baggage for me. Hell that's so much baggage that the relationship wouldn't have enough room for my shit. :)

11. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

great way to catch an STD if you ask me

12. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I see no reason to pick a bruised peach if a fresh unbruised peach is in the same pile.

13. individual

individual New Member

Stay away from her, take my advice, there is a whole lot more to that story she is not telling you. and by story i mean fucking chapter book with a full set of volumes.

14. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

shes been on parole for 2 years.

15. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Yes im seeing other woman, and believe it or not after this weekend she seems to be the most sane one of the bunch LMAO.

I never hold the past against people but in regards to prison this is a first for me so im being cautious.

she was 23 when she got out so she went in being 21 shes 25 or 26 now im not positive.

16. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I already told her flat out id require a std test and she was cool with that.

17. Coottie

WTF? You're a rare bird in this society. Pretty much everyone in society, especially those in professional jobs and such, hold people to their past.

Felony convictions matter. Prison time matters. People like you seem to want to see the best in people instead of seeing reality. Good luck, you're likely to pay a HUGE price for that mentality.

Or it could be that her prison past is attractive to you. Perhaps you get some secret fantasy fulfilled by being close to actual criminals. I mean women actually court and marry convicted murders all the time so it's not unheard of.

18. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I have a past im not proud of id hate for someone to hold that against me given all I have worked for in the last 8 years to become who i am.

The old addage " do unto others as you would have them do unto you " Is pretty much my life philosophy.

19. Coottie

Well like I said before, everyone is entitled to a second chance.

IMO though 2 years is too close to the events.

20. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I'd hate someone to hold my past against me as well, but life isn't fair, so I'd forget about it pretty quickly.

I look at it this way: I have alchol addiction in my family history, both parents, but on my red flag list -- I list "Alcohol Addiction/Any addiction" as a red flag. It flat out is a red flag, it means the potential for "problems" is much higher, whether the person may be having control issues, perfectionism, legal issues, psychological or perhaps even drinking themselves etc.

Just because I lived it doesn't mean I have to accept it in another, especially when I could pick from the cream of the crop.

21. Coottie

Holding someone's past against them is different when we're talking about felony convictions. Yes we all make mistakes but felonies are bad.....very, very bad and most people live there whole lives with only getting a handful of misdemeanors and most of those are parking/speeding tickets.

To get a felony, you have to have fucked up...bad. Oh I know....people will say that drugs aren't bad and/or that they aren't anything like armed robbery, rape or murder but society doesn't agree.

Most people that have fucked up want mercy yet where did that person have mercy for the world at large, the cops that had to go after them and/or the victims? Well sorry....like I've said before, felonies mean something and that's a big something. It's unreasonable to think that society won't care about them....they do.

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'm all about giving second chances to people, but I have my limits. I mean, there are some things that just seem so obvious to me that I am stunned that someone could do them in the first place....dealing drugs, major theft, murder, etc.

Mistakes are one thing, but there are just some things that ANYONE should know it's a bad idea.

You don't just get roped into dealing cocaine or something like that...

23. sapient

sapient New Member

My opinion is that this will come with a LOT of unnecessary drama that you don't want or need in your life. The worst case scenarios are just likely enough to make you wonder, why would you date her when there are so many other women out there? Sounds harsh, but it just seems like this has bad news written all over it.