SRS So im gonna end up homeless at the end of the month

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mortixer, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

so i live in apartment my current roommates are moving out at the end of the month and we looked on craigslist to find someone new. Well we found someone a week ago. The place we live at told us to find someone new quick and sign the papers because they have a wait list for 2 bedrooms. Well we were gonna sign the papers tomorrow and she backed out about 2 hours ago through an e-mail. Now i have no time to find someone new i cant afford the place by my self and i was sick last week so i was out of work and cant afford to take more time off to pack/move. Im so royally fucked and will probably end up homeless.

2. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Have you talked to your landlord? Where do you live?

3. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

what do i say to them hey i need more time to find a roomate even though you were nice enough to let us have this long. they got people lined up to move in and have no problem kicking us to the curb. Its a large corperating so its not like im dealing with a person.

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

you got 30 days after they give you written notice of eviction.

and you may be able to appeal it for more time.... good luck. maybe get a 2nd job? Delivering pizzas is great for quick cash. prime hours net 20+ per hour in tips

5. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

ive delivered pizza the car i have isnt the most awesome car and i need it to last a while so thats not a great idea.

6. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

being homeless is a worse idea.... like i said, short term.

either way, you got 30 days from written notice

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Do you have any family nearby?

And come on man, if you have to choose between having somewhere to live and wearing out your "awesome car", and you pick the car...you need to consider rearranging your priorities.

How old are you?

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its indeed better to get a second job then becoming homeless, just see it as a temporary thing to buy you some extra time to find someone else who is willing to stay also in that appartment.

9. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

Either way, let your landlord know exactly what is going on. They may have a list, but you're their tenant now. She them a copy of her backing out letter to show them your not at fault and work out a deal with them to find someone and at the same time try to make enough to cover expenses. If you have a ride, I'd try the pizza thing over being homeless any day.

10. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I hate agreeing with Yuppy, but he is right.
    Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
    Take a 2nd job.
    NO MORE SICK TIME. If you are sick, you go into work with a big box of kleenex and deal with it.

11. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Bear in mind that your landlords are playing the game of the devil they know VS the devil they don't know.

I have no idea what sort of a tennant you are, but lets assume you are a decent person. You haven't destroyed the place, people don't complain about your music habits, you don't have partys, you don't call them for stupid maintenence that you can do yourself (like changing light bulbs), you don't have weird stuff mysteriously break in your apartment (no fist sized holes in the plaster).

When they replace you with someone from the list there is no telling who they are gonna get. They very well might be willing to bend some rules and work with you because you are worth keeping.

You are right that you are dealing with a big coorperation, but luckily for you the same people that have the power to bend those rules are also the same people that have to deal with crappy people renting the apartments.