so i'm going to go and setup for a written test

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Kroze, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

hopefully i'll pass it within a week or two. and luckily, my state waive your road test if you pass the msf Basic rider course. it's even better when i found out that the course is provided free of charge. i always thought that you have ot pay like $250.

anyway, do bike dealerships let you test ride a bike just like a car?

2. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

I know some dealerships do, I would be very surprised if they didn't. That doesn't mean that they'll let anyone test ride any bike though, they don't want you going and killing yourself/totalling the bike on a test ride.

3. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Try and get to know the people that work at the dealerships, or if you have a friend that knows people whom work there-bring them along. They'll be less hesitant about it. I know most if not all the sales people at a few of the local dealerships and I basically have free reign on any bike I choose. Its the best. I don't even have to stick to the usual established route, they just let me have at it. (It comes in handy when you're test riding a brand new Buell Ulysses and you want to take it off road.)

Good luck on the test. If you have any question, I have the entire cirricula sitting next to me:bigthumb:

Most places will let you, but keep in mind if something happens, its that sales guy's neck. On the other end of the spectrum, I've been to a few dealerships that won't even let you sit on a bike in the showroom without a sales persons permission. I suppose it just depends on the place. Now, go out and see!

Cheers

4. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Also, they'll probably require you to show proof of a motorcycle endorsment on your license.

5. Luffy

Luffy | Anime Crew | Gear Second |

good luck. it's pretty easy.... :hs:

6. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

free msf course ? :cool: i had to pay 125

7. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

I had to pay 350 here in NY, lucky mofo's who get it for like 125, nonetheless free..