MIL So I'm getting MEBed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minkajane, Apr 29, 2007.

1. minkajane

minkajane New Member

And it's a good thing. I've got asthma. I developed it after my enlistment and they should've MEBed me four years ago. This is good timing because I'm separating later this year anyway. I was planning on requesting an early separation (just a couple of months) to start school, so if they decide to kick me out, I won't have to deal with the whole application process, justifying it, all that shit. Plus, I'll qualify as a disabled veteran, so I'll get all kinds of educational and medical benefits, plus some moolah.

Anybody else here get MEBed?

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

4. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

Go to the board. You'll get a medical discharge. Couple months later get a lawyer and get an honorable discharge.

Have you gotten the GI bill kicker? Get that shit now.

5. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I just sent like 17 of my soldiers through MMRB.

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

:uh:

7. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

I got a Medical Evaluation Board for my knee.

I'm at 20% disability right now.

the process takes about 4-6 months depending on your case.

If they decide to disharge you your severance pay will be based upon the highest pay grade you currently hold that you're getting paid for. So for example if you've been frocked E-4 but not paid for it, then you won't get E-4 seperation pay:o.

As soon as your Board results come back immediately request Terminal Leave pending discharge orders. Your command will likely grant this, and not only will you get to spend your leave you'll also accrue Leave Rations etc. So you'll actually get a little more money by doing this. Plus it'll give you a head start on getting your life outside of the military in order.

Also depending upon your military rating and the disability rating of the Evaluation board you need to contact your local VA rep. Once you've done this he should start the process to get you Vocation Rehab. Voc Rehab is a nice thing but you're not eligible for it unless you're rated greater than 20% and your rating doesn't translate to the civilian world.

I got out in 97 on medical, and I'm sitting at 20% Disability right now, it's worth $225 a month from the VA. However if you get severance pay you won't receive the disability pay from the VA until you've paid off your severance. Consider the severance pay a loan from the VA, and it has to be paid off before they pay you. On average this takes about 5 years depending upon your rating and how much severance you get.

8. someonenew

a medical discharge is considered an honorable. No need to fight for one. DD-214 states "Discharged under Honorable conditions" or something like that, I'd have to dig mine out again, but I know it is Honorable.

Also the board is not an open review, it's a closed door process. I know the Navy/Marine board consists of 3 Doctors at Bethesda Naval Hospital (when I had mine it was 2 Navy and 1 Marine all O-5 or above). The 3 review the packet put together by your doctor, and review the medical files sent to them. They then deliver their verdict and send it back. You never meet the board.

9. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

fuckers are trying to get out of deployment.

The ones who are creating the problems are these Temp profiles, with shit like "Can not wear equipment"

WTF kinda profile is that? How convienent, can't send them to MMRB and can't train them for deployment.:bash:

10. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

I deal with MEB's everyday and your exactly right. You could talk to you doctor and he can add info into your file. As in-- Member can't sit for more than 20 min without backpain. If you have been in a profile for more than a year that case or profile requires an MEB. Less than 60 days doesn't get reported to MPF.-- Thus no need for MEB.

11. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

While I empathize with your situation, I was making fun of your use of the word like.

12. someonenew

fucking A I wish more people would understand the uses of your and you're as well as they're, there and their

:wtc: