GUN So I'm finally get into the AR act... but slowly

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by no7fish, Jul 21, 2007.

1. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I finally got around to getting the parts kit for my B-day present I got from my dad! I assembled everything tonight. It turned out to be not nearly as much trouble as I had been warned of. I got the detents in first try all the way around (thank heavens) and managed to not skin the receiver while putting the roll pins in. I'm excited!! and I don't even have a full rifle yet!!

Anyway, without further ado, here are the nudes:

(sorry for the poor pics, my digi camera has finally seen it's last days I believe)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as the plans, I have a float tube for the front so I think I'll get a 16" barrel with a low-profile gas block, flat-top upper (not sure on the fwd assist or not yet) and a std A2 stock. Planning to have a cheapy red dot until I can get an eotech. I really would like to get an A1 grip though. Of course if I bring myself not to use the float tube I may go with building one of those old style shorty carbine's!

Thoughts so far guys?

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:cool: and dont worry about building it slowly, i've had my stripped lower for 18 months without doing anything :coolugh:

3. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

How much total so far?

4. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Well the stripped lower was a gift so free, but it's a Sabre so I'm guessing about 120-ish. The lower parts kit is a standard kit from DPMS and I got it for $65 shipped through Midway.

My dad was kinda trying to get me back for intoducing him to BRD (gave him a 20" Armalite for X-mas, he went nuts after that) so he gave me a project. I don't really have the expendable $$ with a new house so it'll be a long road, but very rewarding I'm sure :big grin:

5. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

I'm so in on this... Maybe next month I'll send off for a lower.