MIL So Im back from LDACistan

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MumblingJoe169, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

:hsugh:
    probably the gayest army training iv ever been part of, but whatever, im glad to have put it behind me. Now all i need is 30 credits, and I can grab my butter bar and run with it.
    For those that dont know, LDAC=ROTC advanced camp shit that they make all cadets do in the summer between their junior and senior years. Its pretty gay.

2. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

3. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Wait, we just had some west pointer in his junior-senior summer break on an FTX with us. Is that what you're talking about? My platoon sergeant used him as paperwork bitch and he puked on a C-130 while it landed after a jump.

4. MumblingJoe169

no but thats pretty funny
    this is only for ROTC chumps, west pointers do their own thing

5. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

We also have two West Point cadets with a company of ours over here, however, they pretty much do nothing but sit in the closet with the 2LT. One is cute though.

6. Morton

Morton New Member

Any advice for someone going to LDAC next summer?

7. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Actually join the army :bigthumb:

8. MumblingJoe169

:rofl: yea, i wasnt told that i had a 50% chance of taking my PT test at 11am, so get used to taking it during the day too. I wasnt used to it and i almost died on my run. Take a mosquito net, i think they are gay and didnt have one, but damn if i didnt want to rip some cadets head off and steal one by the 2nd day of the field problem.
    Work on your pushups for the PT test to perfect form. So many kids didnt get 90-90-90 cause some newly commissioned lt graded pushups entirely too strict.
    Dont be a spotlight ranger, dont screw your buddies, and its only 30 + days so dont get stressed out. I saw so many people lose it and get angry at others, just relax, its the gayest military training you will ever do, you will have 0 sense of accomplishment when it is done, and the only thing that its worth is that you will probably make some decent friends out there.
    Oh and I drank at the airport all i wanted. They tell you not to, i did right in their faces, so fuck them.

9. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

4th Reg here.

Definately agree with having no sense of accomplishment. Only the end of camp commissionee's got a sense of accomplishoment.

Mosquito's are no joke, they are everywhere at night. It was literally like a swarm around you.

10. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

:werd: i hate them here at fort bragg, luckily i was issued a mosquito tent when i went to iraq :bowdown:

11. MumblingJoe169

yea some kid i made friends with told me last year he went to Robin Sage as OPFOR or some shit and the mosquitos were no joke

12. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

so bein an AF rotc'ier. what do you guys do at ldac? do u have people yelling at u and smoking u like at our FT? or is it something completely different?

13. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

They evaluate you on your leadership ability. You're in multiple leadership positions and you carry out the order of the day. Everything is run by the cadet leadership for that day and the cadre just sit back and observe and the NCO's make sure the cadet leadership stay on schedule. Then you go to the Field and they evaluate your ability to lead other cadets and conduct battle drills.

No yelling or smoking, nothing like that unless you pissed off the Lieutenant Colonel.

Plus all the other BS like APFT, land nav, Confidense course, BRM

Field artillery was the best day I thought. Those 155's were awsome, and it wasn't like a normal class with task, conditions, standards. They give you an initial briefing and then they send you to the firing range and BAM the Sgt. is pointing at cadets as they file in, "Cadet you're the loader, you're on ammo detail, you're firing the weapon." Once everybody was in place you start sending rounds down range while the artillery crew are running with you telling you what to do. That was freakin awsome

If you go to LTC (Leaders training course) then you will get yelled at and smoked. That is ran just like basic training. Privates were in the barracks right next to us. The only difference was they had Beret's and the Flag on there shoulder

14. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

oic it makes sense now. so is LDAC and LTC both required for an army rotc commission?

15. MumblingJoe169

no, you only have to do LTC in certain circumstances.

16. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

i'm goin next summer :onoes:

you went to Ft. Lewis in WA state right?

17. MumblingJoe169

yup, and you wont see much of anything outside your area in ft lewis either. It is beautiful country too. Try to go around the middle reg's(7th like mine) as it rained like 2 days total while i was there. Other people got rained on the entire time out there.

18. shiba

shiba Active Member

out of curiosity what regiment were you in? I was in 7th reg, and it did not rain at all.

19. MumblingJoe169

if your asking me, i was 7th Reg, B-3, and it rained two days on us, on and off, during Squad STX.
    Who were you with?

20. shiba

shiba Active Member

i was with B-1, It kind of drizzled for like a half hour a day for two days, but overall i stayed completely dry for the duration.

21. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

did you guys feel overprepared for it? i'm coming up on jr. yr where they just cram all this shit into our heads. i wish there was some kind of 'passing ldac for dummies' book that outlined the whole shabang.

22. shiba

shiba Active Member

LDAC was a piece of cake. I wouldn't necessarily call it training, but more of a taste of the various branches in the army as well as test your leadership ability on the fly. The only way for you to fail LDAC is to not be able to pass your PT test, break something, or be an incompetant leader. Other than that, you are guarenteed an overall "S" from LDAC.

23. Stigmata

Stigmata New Member

You think doing it as a cadet was worthless, try getting your commission and a month later you get to go back and be a LT platoon TAC, that is a waste of time...but better money. And then you get to Ft Knox to snowbird for 2 months on TDY waiting for BOLC to start in a sweet BOQ, it made the whole thing worth it cause im not doing shit but lilfting and BBQing now.

24. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

HAHAHA your gonna love the mosquitos in Alaska. big enough to pick up on radar :mamoru: :bowdown:

25. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I'm surprised noone mentioned those damn anthills. :eek5: