MIL So i'm a huge emotional pussy...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

...who fell in love with his girlfriend 3 months before a 10 month deployment.

Imagine a guy who gets homesick worse than anyone you have ever met. Then multiply it by 50 billion. That's me.

I'm normally really upbeat and happy even though I come from a family with a history of depression problems. The only time I get like this though is when i'm away from home.

I know it's going to get so bad to the point of me needing to talk to a psychiatrist or taking medicine or something to keep my mind off of missing my girlfriend.

Can anyone please give me some advice or anything on what I should do? To give you an idea on how bad it is, just from going through boot camp, about 5% of my dark brown hair on my head is gray. I'm 19.

There is no "man up" about this, it's a serious problem with me and I need help.

2. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

she's going to cheat on you if she's the same age as you...its like 95% chance that its going to happen...i say move on...

forget about her you're young... you'll find others

:hug:

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Well, that made me feel better!

Guys, I realize the odds of a girl cheating on a guy, but i've known this girl for over a year and i've seen her be very faithful to her ex-boyfriend (who was my friend at the time). I honestly don't think she will cheat (I know every naive guy thinks that too) -- but if it happens, it happens.

4. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

bro... I have this philosophy about women. Always realize that the relationship, one day, somehow, someway will end. Hey if you guys end up getting married- so be it. I've seen the longest, most loveable relationships gone to shit. Right now, i'm in love with the love of my life of 2.5 years. She's an angel. Even so, we're on the rocks and we get into fights all the time about the littlest things. Our relationship could end. Who knows. She's going to be there for me through the deployment though, and hopefully things will get better when I am back and have some $. Shit happens man. Lose friends, gain friends, people die, and new lives are born. Enjoy what you have, and when you lose it...fight for it, but accept it.

If you need someone to talk to over in the theatre, i'll be right there with you going through the same thing. I'm HQ s4 supply bro, don't hesitate.

But yeah, and I know my girlfriend loves me to the death, and I the same, even with that I told her- if my deployment is too much for you, I will not be mad if you want to move on or do whatever. Just let me know. :dunno:

Keep your head up.

5. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

the truth blows my nga....get over it and leave her....:wavey:

6. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

In for pics.

7. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

I have a similar problem, but my deployment is for 18 months. Not that the time matters anyway since she's breaking up with me because "It would hurt to much to see me go...blah blah blah" :hs:

8. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

Well said

9. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

you're such an informational person Inforpics, I always enjoy reading your post!

10. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

Socrates, I can kinda feel for you on this one. I fell in love with a girl when I was home on leave for 3 weeks. We got to spend about 2 1/2 weeks together and then I left to go to Japan for 2 years. Instant Messenger is probabally the best thing ever in this situation, we pretty much talked everyday and called every now and then. You hafta kinda see yourself in her shoes too. I told my gf, to date other guys, and if she found a guy she liked better than me then we could just be friends or whatever. It's hard enough to wait on a guy for a 3 month or 6 month deployment but 2 years is unreasonable. I'm coming back home for a month in June and we're going to try to hang out and find out if there's anything still there. It'll prolly be weird and if it works out it works out......there's tons of other girls out there. Like everyone says think about good things while your there, don't sulk and get depressed. Try to have as much fun as you can.

11. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Truth!

12. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Thanks for all of the help guys. Especially you Inforpics! I always appreciate your advice, and it is always gold.

I'm just going to try to get in the right mindset while i'm over there. Or what a lot of pyschologists call "reframing". I'll try to just look at it as a time to get all gung-ho, work on my body, and do a lot of reading.

13. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

Sorry to say man people are right girls are bitches she will probably break up with you. Just keep thinking of her, when you get back, find out everything. If it's still straight, keep it going. If she fucked up just once, break it off instantly. Be harsh. :)

If she didn't, you are very lucky and I hope you stay with her forever!

Hope you feel better though!

14. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Leaving for iloc (3 months in california) somewhere between June 1st and June 5th --- then leaving for Iraq in September.

Luckily I just bought an Xbox 360 (newest gaming console) last week, so i'll be happy taking that to Iraq with me. Definitely going to pick up a laptop and a few other things too. Lots of books!

15. fintheman

smart lady

16. fintheman

A man cannot be a true gentlemen if her causes a girl to suffer because he will be gone for extended amounts of time.

Unless you are married when you come in, or are a lifer, its pretty pointless to even have a relationship when your in.

17. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

I feel your pain bro. You already know that. You havent been seeing her very long. BE PATIENT. BE PATIENT. whatever happens, happens. Do YOUR BEST and that is all you can do bro. If there is one person here who knows how you feel, it is me. Im sorry to say the toughest has not even come in to sight yet though. It may be better to just break things off now, but Im not you, I dont know. JUST DO YOUR BEST. Remember who you are at all times. You are a US Marine and that is your NUMBER ONE priority from June one on out. Im the same personality type as yourself. Grab a straw and suck it the fuck up.

out.

18. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

Hence my giving a shit about her in the first place. :hs: