So if I wanted to start packaging and selling various legal supplements...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kdrweez, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdrweez

kdrweez New Member

A small dream of mine has been to start running a unique online store for various supplements, mostly concerned with the anti-aging and mental health community. In other words, not body building type things. Everything from 5-htp, to piracetam, to CoQ-10, to DMAE. This would be US-based too, distinguishing it from overseas stores.

My big question is, how does one go about locating a distributor? I mean, I can buy bulk quantities from various sources. But as for finally cutting some deals on buying large quantities of chemicals, where would I start?

Oddly enough, I used to do consulting work for a chemical lab that does carry a few items I'm interested in. But I'd like to ask on here as well; that company is a little "underperforming" (i.e. about to tank).

2. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery New Member

:rofl: Pick another dream buddy. Online supplement stores are a dime a dozen.

3. KetchupKing

KetchupKing New Member

tried to shack up with a local health store to become their "house" brand... give them huge profit margins and start building up your repuation

4. kdrweez

kdrweez New Member

That's not a bad idea.

I have a few ideas I'd like to try that I feel would make the business stand apart (like running my own house brand - hence the need for suppliers).

5. Primrose

Primrose New Member

Maybe find out when the next health food convention is being held and attend. You can meet many of the bulk supplement supplier and retail sellers there.

6. tinkan

tinkan ot pilot crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.