So I...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SeeD, Mar 24, 2007.

1. SeeD

SeeD Lurker

So I party and all but i can never seem to bring home the girl at the end of the night. I have tried the hole ass hole thing, and i have tried the hole nice guy thing. I am physically attractive but never have the confidence to out shine the other guys. any advice??? :hs:

2. cocoakrispies

cocoakrispies New Member

Read.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2968343

3. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

these two are mutually exclusive. you haven't succeeded at the asshole thing if you don't have confidence.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

When you say you aren't successful in taking a girl home...

Have you actually tried?

When its time to go, go get her and say "Come on, we're leaving" and don't stop until she either comes with you or refuses to leave.

You have to believe that you are going to give her the night of her life and its up to you to lead her out of the bar. Usually she's not going to just come with you unless YOU make it happen.

5. mick_dundee

mick_dundee New Member

Just focus on how hot they are and they will either leave in disgust or get all excited and go home with you. Worth a shot.

6. low20

low20 Member

stop trying different "things" and just act normal

7. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

dont go for taking her home... go for her number and taking her out on a date...

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If he's going to go that route, he would be better meeting girls in his normal life, not while he's out partying.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Asshole = loser

Nice guy = loser

How about check out www.DoubleYourDating.com in addition to the link posted in the 2nd reply. The point is NOT to be an asshole or a wimp, but a gentle yet mature adult who is honest, fun, and thought provoking.

The thing is that you have to be different than every other guy - you have to say and do things that bring other people out of their "bubble" of daily reality.

Example: Buddy and I went out Friday to a bar I go to from time to time. I got a new waitress, and proceeded to jokingly give her a hard time. When she asked how my friend (male) and I knew each other, I showed her my wedding band and told her that we were domestic partners. My friend was so stunned he couldn't reply :rofl: but she was shocked as well. I then told her something like "No, actually, we're not married, he's just my boyfriend, please don't tell my husband." Again, she was shocked, and clearly couldn't believe her ears, but did not contest it. So then I told her "Do you REALLY believe anything I just said? Are you THAT gullible?" and shot her a big smile. I followed up with something like "We're just friends, and this is not a date, relax... ;) " She was very relieved (as was my friend!) and took our order. However, as she left, she touched my forearm. Now in and of itself, the touch is nothing I would pay attention to from a waitress, except this time I had been watching her interact with other customers both before she talked to us and afterwards ... she never touched anyone. So, that was a sign of acceptance and interest - all for joking around.

Through the course of the evening the comments continued, although less drastic.

When she brought us the bill, she asked me my name. I made her guess, and after 5 wrong attempts (because she spouted them out so quickly; I normally stop someone at 3) I gave her a big hint and she sorta figured it out. Her first guess was "John" and I chided her for even THINKING I had such a "common and boring name" and rolled my eyes at her. When she tried to walk away, I called her back and called her rude for not introducing herself. She told me her name was [named changed to protect the guilty] Francis, to which I replied "And is that what your friends call you?" and she said no, actually she preferred to be called "Francie." and I confirmed that, and of course followed up with "So why can't you even tell me your real name, is the FBI out to get you or something? I'm not an informant, trust me." with a look mischief on my face.

All in all? She would have gone on a date with me. Why? Because I was most likely neither a kiss-ass polite baby, nor a rude frat-boy jerk. I was somewhere in the middle, the middle ground of different.

Be yourself, have fun with people, and be different. It takes some time (and often a drink) to get started, but read David DeAngelo's site and you might get off to a good start - if you spend the time studying it. :x:

10. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

um i am a "frat-boy" and im not a jerk.

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

And I bet you are better with women than your RUDE frat boy JERK friends, right? Notice, more than one word there! :wavey: