So, I went to the lawyer for the "last time" today.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by garagegenius, Sep 24, 2008.

1. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

They're e-mailing me the final copy of the divorce settlement tomorrow. I'm just ready to get this shit over with. :hsd:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:h5:

How long was the marriage anyway? Can I ask what went wrong?

3. ripcurl

ripcurl Member

congrats right?

4. Jd

Jd Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (fuckbitchesgetmoney: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

What happened?

5. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Well, it's a long story but I'll try to sum it up.

We started dating when we were both young. I was 20, she was 18. I was in a bad place in life around those years. (Serious drug use, reckless, out of control in general.) She had no idea that I was doing all those things and when she found out (which was inevitable) she got my family involved and helped me get away from all that. I was really grateful for that and I think that I had a strong attachment to her from the whole situation. I did not ever want to get married but in a way I kinda felt like I owed it to her. (I know that is a fucked up reason but years of drugs will do that to you.) So we got married but we never really clicked together. (Poor communication, etc.)

So one of the big problem that I had was that she was very controlling but she did it in a way that was VERY childish. ex. I wanted to get a motorcycle and had wanted to for a long time. I also had a car that I had owned for about 5 years, loved it, had LOTS of time and money in it. Well, she said that I couldn't keep both just because she thought I wouldn't sell the car I loved to get a bike. She didn't really mean it but she just didn't want me to get a bike. So I sold the car. After I sold it she told me that I should have kept it. :wtf: Huge fight ensues. I did get a bike though.

Another thing she did that really pissed me off was that she always wanted to "spend time together." First off, we were married, we spent ALL of our time together. Second, her idea of spending time was just sitting around and watching tv (same shows, channels ALL the time) which I thought was boring as fuck. If she had actually wanted to do something that would've been a different story. She just didn't want me to do shit without her.

Sidenote: We had zero common tastes, food, movies, tv, music, etc. We were like polar opposites on everything.

So the spending time together was her excuse for pitching a huge childlike fit whenever I wanted to hang with my friends. I mean a HUGE fit. Hang up on me, cry, etc. Completely ridiculous behavior.

So then there was the money issue. My philosophy was, if we can afford it and you want/need it, get it. She made a HUGE deal anytime I spent money on anything that she didn't see as "necessary." << Edit: We both made equal money, around 45k. So I felt like I couldn't spend my own money. :ugh:

Cliffs: Basically, it didn't work out. :hsd:

Edit: together 7 years total, married 2.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  6. ripcurl

ripcurl Member

how old are you now and how long were you married?

sorry if i missed it - just curious - sounds alot like my first serious relationship and im thank my stars everyday we didnt tie it.

7. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

I'm 27, she's 24. We started dating when she was 18, I was 20. And looking back I should've listened to my instincts and not done it. :wtc:

8. ripcurl

ripcurl Member

ick

best of luck

9. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Thanks. :hs: She's actually being pretty reasonable about the whole thing. Makes me kinda suspicious. :squint:

10. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Well, at least you're both still young. I'm sorry that happened; divorce is never fun.

11. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

she was cheating...

12. Boyle

Boyle New Member

So she wanted you to be safe and not ride a motorcycle, Enjoyed spending time with you.... and was cautious with money....

what a bitch..... Maybe I misread it but she didn't sound that horrible. But hey you had to live with her not me. Good luck with however it turns out.

13. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

exactly my thoughts.

14. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

my thoughts exactly.

it sounds like the communication was the real issue here. it doesn't seem as though the two of them communicated effectively their needs in the relationship. :(

good luck in the future

15. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Thanks. :hs:

16. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Well, it's hard to sum up 7 years in one post. And it's also hard to put yourself in someone else's place when you know nothing, or very little, about the situation. I'd say in your case, stick with the cliffs.