So I went to my local Ford dealership

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Boomdart, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

And I was inquiring about the new mustang.

I asked if they had any I could test drive, preferably a GT.

"Oh, naw man. We can get you one if you order one, but we don't have any on the lot."

He told me I could come back in about two months and they might have a GT that I could test drive. I may consider the V6 if it suits my needs, but I'll always be thinking "Man, I wish it were the V8."

I'm planning to get it on a 4 year loan, with about a 8,000 downpayment, what would the payments be like?

2. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

3. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

Funny you should mention, we were test driving cars today for my little bro. He wound up getting a used G35 Coupe, but the Mustang was on the list. We ran into the same thing, only V6's. Funny thing though was that they had about a half-dozen '05 Saleens on the lot. They're a big dealer for them (Santa Margarita Ford), but the mark up was unbelievable. $42K for the non-supercharged version. :eek4:

Anyway, we drove the V6. Nice, but the G35 has got some more shove to it. Funny thing though is that it definitely didn't feel like a low 14 second car. I guess that the whole LS1 Camaro thing is spoiling me. :cool:

4. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

There are quite a few GTs at my dealership. I went and did that Test Drive for $50 two weekends ago. They said you can't order them until July and if you want one you have to buy what is on the lot.

I will say I was impressed, it is pretty damn quick, and sounds pretty nice too. Markup was $4500 on the GT and $3200 on the V6 convertible. I do like it but if they really are going to start the GT500 at 40k it would, which means $45k I'd be kicking myself.