So I went to an actual gym today...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skeletor, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

24 hour fitness to be exact. I went with a friend who has a "VIP pass" so I can go with him any time I want for 15 bucks a month. I'm considering it.

But anyways. Everyone there was doing the dumbest shit. I can understand the bodybuilders doing isolation workouts, but nobody was doing any compound shit other than bench, and all the non-buff guys had no clue what they were doing. Out of 50-75 people I saw one guy do deadlifts and another guy do squats. Other than that, it was all bench, shoulder press, bicep curls.

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

And if this works out I will be doing BS routine and I will be stronger than all you faggots in a year.

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Welcome to 99% of the gyms in America :p

4. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

i only do upper body work because i can't deadlift or squat, LOL!

5. edmang

edmang New Member

lol. Which 24 hour in SF?

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Ocean Ave.

I also was dissapointed I didn't get to do squats... I fucked up ligaments in both my knees yesterday, and even though they feel much better today I didn't want to risk it... nor did I want to look like a fag only doing the top half of the motion (it hurts to bend my knee to, or passed, 90 degrees)

7. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

truth

8. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:werd:

I actually went over and started a conversation with a girl doing hang cleans just because she's the only other person I've ever seen do them in the Golds I go to.

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Speaking of girls there was some fine ass ones there... And one chick was actually glancing at me periodically whilst smiling. And it wasn't because I was practically the only stick there and I look funny... I think she was turned on by my sexy glutes when I stuck my ass out to do deads :naughty:

10. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I go to a 24, but its full of huge brolies who crush my dreams.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I was lifting pussy weight since I don't usually do weights and I didn't want to be too sore to go back to my regular routine friday... but I didn't really care if I looked like a skinny weakling to the brollies, the girls, or anyone. :dunno:

Everybody's gotta start somewhere.

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

and by the way, the friend I'll be going with wants to get "toned" and "lean muscle mass, like a basketball player".... After trying to explain the basics of routine and diet to him he zoned out... and I got him to do 5x5 for deadlifts and bench, and the whole time he was whining about how he wanted to do curls... It seriously pissed me the fuck off but I got a good laugh out of it.

13. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

let him do curls while you stick to a good plan, and in a year when he looks the same and you are swole, you can sit back and laugh at him.

14. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

i actually quit the gym today.
    i have a bench press at home thats all i really need.

15. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

I lift at 24 and usually just ignore everyone there. 24 is a decent gym wth plenty of equipment sucks the weights arn't sherical especially for deads.

16. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Which one do you go to? I've been to a few in dallas and never saw that.

17. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I'm sure that's part of it. Why must you play with my emotions?

18. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Yes I was pissed the fuck off with these edged off plates... Every time I'd set the bar down after a rep the shit would be crooked. Fucking bullshit.

19. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

Seriously what does everyone have against curls and other workouts of the such?

F&N is the only place where everyone's workouts only seem to consist of Deadlifts, Squats, and Bench press...:ugh:

20. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I have nothing against them... It's just people think bicep curls, tricep extensions, and bench press is going to make them look like the guys in bowflex commercials.

They have false assumtpions about working out and diet that lead them to see no results and reaffirm any doubt they had in themselves before.

If I do get a gym membership I'll probably stick mainly to compound movements. Not for any reason in particlar other than I like the idea of my muscles working together, so they get strong in that union, and not having any links in my chain that are too weak or too strong for the others. I like the evenness that it promotes.

21. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

The one in lewisville is full of jacked mofo's. Its unlike any Dallas gym I've ever seen. The worst is when the Mohler JuiJitsu team is in there. Like 5 6'6" 300lb dudes at 10% BFI or better, squatting like 500lb, doing 70lb DB curls, and generally making me :wtc: . I always have to wait to get onto a squat rack, and they always look at me like I'm wasting thier time for not blowing up more than 300lb on the bar.

All the other 24's have faggots parking thier convertible c5's out front and flexing in front of women like fairies.

22. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

yes grasshopper...balance is the key

23. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

and do you think that is wrong?

should someone have to look the part in order to give helpful advice or have a knowledgable base on a subject?

24. dew

dew Banned

yeah i got to 24hr theres one under a mile away from my house but yet i still dirve there lol

25. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

Speaking of assumptions, I think it's funny that when you guys see someone doing curls at the gym you assume that they don't do deadlifts or squats. Stop paying attention to what everyone else is doing and worry about your own workout. You lack strong mindedness. At the minimum be grateful you don't have to wait for a vacant rack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.