GUN So I went shooting for the first time yesterday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PeteDMeat, Dec 6, 2004.

1. PeteDMeat

PeteDMeat The Knuckleball OT Supporter

My friend is in town on leave from the Air Force (MP). So, while he was in town, he offered to take me out and teach me how to shoot. We went to the range and rented a Smith & Wesson in .40, and bought two boxes of ammo.

Set up initially at 15m, and hit the paper 48 of 50, the misses being the first two shots. Second box, had the target @ 15m for the first mag, and then pushed it out to the back of the range (~45m). Ended up w/ a total of 40 hits on that paper.

Both he and I were impressed that I managed to shoot that decently on my first trip out to the range.

Back to the S&W, it had some kind of misfeed problem and kept pinching rounds. There were probably 6 or 7 misfires.

Now, I just need to pick up a gun :wiggle: I think I want to grab a USP in .40, but that'd be ~$670 or so. Meh. I've got some time to contemplate it.

*edit* Added pics

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  2. IronHorseman

IronHorseman New Member

Buy a gun,join a gun club and gun rights organization.Most importantly shoot often.

3. PeteDMeat

It's my second. First one the screen randomly went out. Replaced on warranty.

I need to decide what gun to purchase. I might be able to pick up a Walther P99 for a bit below cost, or I may save and pick up a USP. I dont know which way to go.

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

If you like the USP, get that. Also look at the Springfield XD's, Glocks, or Kahrs which will all be a bit less expensive than the Hk.

5. PeteDMeat

I just liked how the USP felt in my hand.

I'm going to borrow a friend and his Glock, and shoot that. Then check out a few other pieces at the range, see what I like.

6. PeteDMeat

What do you know of the region?

That was 100 rounds, just to teach me the basics of firing. I was playing around with my grip to find what was most comfortable.

I'm happy with what I did for a first range trip, and plan on taking courses when it comes down to it.