So I went from 225 to 196 over the past 12 weeks v.ICANTFUCKINGTAKETHISDIETANYMORE

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Accord, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accord

Accord New Member

I only began working out and getting serious about 3 months ago to lose weight and get in shape for the Marine Corps. I do at least 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week and weight training with a personal trainer 3 of those days, the results came a lot quicker than I was expecting.

I've been on a very strict diet the past 12 weeks and I can't fucking take it anymore. I haven't tasted real food in 3 months, i'm so fucking sick of egg whites and plain beans, i've basically learned that the worse something tastes, the better it is for you :hs:.

I am seriously pathetic and desperate to just taste real food. There was this stale piece of bread on the counter of my kitchen and I stuffed my face with it, the plain bread tasted SO FUCKING GOOD, it was half stale but to me it tasted like it just came out of the oven at a french bakery in Paris :rofl:. But get this... I didn't swallow it, I chewed it up until the point of swallowing and then spit it into the sink, pathetic, I know. I didn't skip any meals or anything to do it, so it's not like I got myself off track. It was so fucking delicious. Sadly, i've done this a little more than once. On my birthday, I ate an entire ice cream cake from Carvel without swallowing one piece of it :ugh:.

I've got Florida Marlins season tickets and at every game there are hundreds of people sitting around me stuffing their faces with all sorts of delicious fried fatty foods while i'm there trying stomach a double protein shake and soggy plain lettuce :o. The temptations are getting to me. I need a cheeseburger and fries or something, like once every week or two. I CANT FUCKING TAKE IT ANYMORE.

Anytime I get a really bad craving, I just think my myself walking across that parade deck on Parris Island, that usually gets me through it and I can fight off the cravings.

Before I got into working out and really committing myself, I never thought i'd turn into one of those people that is so strict with their diet that they would drool over a stale piece of plain bread and get these INSANE cravings. Boy was I wrong :rofl:.

I've read all the "cheat day" threads and some people say it's good for you to have one, and others say it's a waste of time and just slows your progress and increases your cravings. I don't even need a cheat day, just a cheat meal to get me through the week.

I guess I just need some words of encouragement :bigthumb:

2. jonno

jonno New Member

keep at it.

what helped me alot is keeping this in mind:
    what will make you ultimately feel better? getting that 20 seconds of satisfaction from eating a snickers bar, or seeing your body change for the better?

edit: i do agree that it's fine to cheat once every 7-10 days. i find that staying away from it 100% is better though. i'm more of an all or nothing person i guess.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  3. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

A diet is more successful if you aren't as anal about it though.

But being absolute builds mental toughness. :o

4. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i rather have a cheat meal than end up so emotional and whiny.

after cheat meals, work out twice as harder/longer.

5. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Yeah man, you need a cheat meal once a week or so or you'll go crazy. Withdrawal from the delicious foods of todays society is a terrible thing.

Edit: Eating that whole cake the way you did does bother me a little bit. I know you said you weighed 220+, how tall are you? Have you had a history of compulsive eating in the past? I just don't want you to end up bulemic or something horrible like that.

6. bokhan

bokhan i love you

7. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

dude I know what you mean.

8. armond

armond New Member

It is just fine to have a cheat meal once a week. But you need to know that self control will be necessary immediately after eating that cheat meal.

9. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Dude, you need to relax a bit. Like other people have said, cheat days rock. Most people will not be able to stick to a diet without them, and they won't hamper your progress much.

You also need to take a look at your progress. You've lost almost 29 pounds in 12 weeks. That's pretty fast. There wouldn't be anything wrong with throttling back a bit - add another 500 calories/day to your diet, or stop caring on the weekends. That'll really help you.

Take me as an example. I've always been a fatty and it's always been hard for me to lose weight. I finally got my shit together and I'm cutting now. I eat about 2000 cals a day (around 500 under maintenance for me), and take weekends off. From Friday night to Sunday night i don't really worry about my diet. I don't eat whole cakes, but i'll have a big meal at steak and shake or some drinks with friends without feeling guilty. And during the week i still enjoy all kinds of foods that taste good to me, i just have to track the calories i take in and make sure I'm still in line with my diet. Yes there are th ings i can't have - i don't eat candy or sugar cereal - but I'm not eating terribly plain food either.

Eventually you'll even move away from cheat days. I used to have pizza every friday night for dinner - it was my "reward" for following my diet during the week. For the past few weeks i've chosen to just not eat pizza and stick with my diet. I actually prefer not cheating now, the 'za isn't enjoyable anymore. If i'm out with friends on the weekend, i'll suggest we eat somewhere with healthier choices than our usual hangouts because i'd prefer it.

I think if you relax a bit you'll find your diet is a lot easier to stick to.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  10. ralyks

ralyks New Member

How tall are you? Any idea on BF%? Like they said a cheat meal is a good thing, you have to work a little harder afterwards but it'll keep you sane (and not craving stale bread).

You sound like you're dieting too extreme, you need to learn what a calorie is and how much below maintenance you need to be.

11. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

29 pounds in 12 weeks sounds pretty clean.

12. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm 5'11", in the past i've never had a problem with compulsive eating, if a buddy ordered a pizza or something i'd have 1 slice, if that... I never used to eat crappy junk foods or anything, never ate potato chips, cookies, and all that other good stuff, but now that i've been working out and following this brutally strict diet, i've got really intense cravings for all the foods i never really even used to eat in the first place. It's pretty weird.

13. Accord

Accord New Member

I forgot to mention, thank god for CRYSTAL LITE!

14. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

pics of progress?

15. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

I never used to "cheat" when I wasn't working out, now I just fucking eat

keep at it ducd

16. cheat day? I thought it was cheat meal? I defiently need a cheat day tho

17. i used to drink a gallon a day, the aspartme will probably cause cancer or some shit :)

18. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

I'd hope so for your sake

19. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

Out of curiosity, and not to be a dick...

But why so long to lose 31 lbs? I lost over 50lbs in 2.5 months. Granted, I've got more fat than you and I had pills to help, but is it really that much harder as you slim down?

20. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

he said once or twice a week...not every meal and pixie sticks at 2 hour intervals over night

21. pctony

pctony Alyson > *

not to be a dick or anything but 225 - 196 = 29!

22. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

he lost some brain weight. :o

23. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

2lbs/week is the max you should shoot for unless you're very overweight. For most people, being at more than a 1000 calorie/day deficit will make you feel like shit, not to mention run the risk of burning off lean mass at the same time. This shit doesn't apply to the morbidly obese fatties out there.

So yeah, the leaner you get the harder it is to lose fat.

24. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Quit fucking being a pussy. If you don't even have enough will power to diet, you sure as fuck aren't going to amount to shit in the marines. If you were a dog, I would kick you in the face.

25. purpledonkey

purpledonkey Guest

lol. Self ownage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.