So I was watching Survivor man Question for you all

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TwistedMind, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

So I was watching Survivor man Protein Sickness

Hes talking about the dangers of eating nothing but lean meats and ending up with protein poisoning.

I figured you people eat more protein than anyone I know so I thought I would ask. How much protein would you need to consume to get poisoned from it?

Im assumeing it isn't easy because he said you would have to eat nothing but lean meat for a month straight to get it but yall eat lots of protein more than an average person so I was curious.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

protein poisoning is not from eatting too much protein, it's from eatting nothing BUT protein.

outdoorsmen (trappers and the like) used to starve from eatting only rabbits, as they were plentiful and easy to get. but they still died no matter how much they ate because they didn't get leafy greens and such.

3. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

That makes more sense. I guess I either heard him wrong or him stated it wrong.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

think it was just a misunderstanding of what he was saying. they were basically saying that you can still starve/get sick even if you're eatting tons of just lean protein.

as far as really eatting just too much protein in general, some people say it's hard on your kidneys, *shrug* i dunno. i'm pretty sure that's diff from what survivor was talking about.

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/71/3/682

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

that doesn't mean it doesn't occur..... hell read the rest of the section you quoted.

and either way, i was merely explaining what the show was talking about.

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I quoted everything because it was related to what you were talking about. And yes, only one real case means that it can't happen. That means that in hundreds of years of medicine, only one dude died from this and it was in 1929 so he could have died from any other thing the doctor's didn't know he had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.