So I want to smoke with my friends this 4th of july but I also wanna hang with the gf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by fixthe fernback, Jun 29, 2008.

1. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

So I haven't smoked in a couple months, but I want to do it with my friends who are coming up this 4th of july. I was never a regular smoker, but did it on occasion.

Here's the sticky part. I told my gf that I was gonna hang out with her this 4th of july. However, she hates being around me when I'm high. I've done it before and she just doesn't like it. She has nothing against the stuff, she just doesn't wanna be around me when I do it.

My friends are her friends essentially. We all get along really well, so we can all hang out, but when my friends all smoke, I want to to. A couple weekends ago, we went down to visit them for a few days. They smoked quite a bit. I wanted to do it even if only once, but I respected her and didn't. I feel like I can't fully enjoy myself when I'm with my friends anymore.

What should I do? The last few times I've hung out with my friends I couldn't smoke with them because my gf was there... It kinda stinks. She hasn't given a rational reason why she doesn't like me when I am high. She doesn't do it because she wants a government. She is all for its legalization.

Give me advice, vag-T :wavey:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

What advice is there to give you?

It's your decision, make a choice. Either hang with your gf, or hang with your friends.

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

which is more important ? if it's just some random girl, then who cares.

But if it's someone real and love and that shit, are you really going to choose getting high over her ?

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Most girls look down upon that, but it's pretty lame for her to judge you for it. If it's her circle of friends too, she's holding you to a higher standard which makes her a hypocrite.

I'd rather be smoking with my friends too. Instead, I'm going to someone who I don't even know's wedding

5. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Your friends are going to be there long after your girlfriend

6. Punky72

Punky72 New Member

Have you tried telling her that you know she doesn't like it when you smoke, but you like smoking with this particular group of friends and that you would like to be able to smoke with them on the 4th. Then leave the decision up to her. Let her know this is what you plan on doing and that you want her to come along, however, if she can't handle it then maybe she can make other plans for the 4th.

My bf (like most men) like going to the strip clubs occasionally. I don't like him going there alone, so, I go with him. Just because I don't like those places doesn't mean I do not respect the fact that he does....so this is our compromise. I go with him and yes, even pay for him to have a lap dance or two myself.

My reason for telling you this is....if she is not willing to respect the fact that this is part of who you are then maybe (as someone else suggested) she is not the right person for you.

You have to do what you really want to do or you will resent her for it. It is up to her to accept you for who you are and not try to change you into what she wants you to be!!!!!!!

7. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Smoke a little, a couple of pulls; enough to get you relaxed and but wasted so you act like a dork

8. fray

fray New Member

Can you split the day a little? Hang with your friends, smoke during the day and then meet up with her after you've come down some? It doesn't sound like she is opposed to you doing it, just with you being high around her. Since you're always around her, you feel like you can never do it.

9. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

fray has a good suggestion.

where I can see that your gf would get completely pissed is that it sounds like you committed to hanging out with her first, so if you ditch her to smoke its showing her that smoking is more important to you than she is. Honestly, I think that even struggling with the decision shows what you really want to do: go hang out with your friends.

10. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

its a tarp

11. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I'm on board with what Fray said. If you just want to hang out with them to smoke that gives you the whole afternoon to smoke. Go spend fireworks time with your girlfriend and then you get a bit of both worlds. If I was in your situation I would hang out with the girlfriend only because you already made plans with her to do so. I hate when people break plans because a "better offer" comes up.

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

my ex smoked and i couldnt stand being around him when he was high. caused a lot of problems because of this, something like who to spend time with on the 4th of a july being a perfect example. she just might not be the right girl for you

but in the mean time, if you made plans with her, dont break them, its rude. but telling her you are hanging out with your friends and will be smoking and its her choice to come or not is a backwards pussy way of breaking plans. hang out with your friends in the day and smoke then. see your girl that night

13. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

Why can't you smoke a different day? They are coming the 4th and leaving? I think its one day and who cares, you made plans, stick to them.

14. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

You are respectful to her by not doing it regularly, and she should respect your occasional recreational use of some weed.

I could see her concern if you were a pot head, and constantly stoned around her, but, according to you, this is not the case.

In relationships you have to compromise. You are doing so by rarely doing it, how is she compromising with you?

15. cyllian

cyllian New Member

smoke more so your normal when your high...thats what i do at least.