So I want to paint my rear shock

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by igotyofire, Dec 26, 2008.

1. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

Any advice on how to tackle this task? What colors. I wish there was a way for me to replicate the ohlins color theme. (yea i know poser) lol. Im upgrading to the R1 shock in my Fz1 by use of a custom adapter which will finally allow compression adjustment, something the fz1 lacks. Id like to paint the shock and spring before installing so im all ears!

bike in question
    [​IMG]

2. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

if you're going to paint it, go to a hobby shop and get paint that is used for lexan/fiberglass bodies so it can handle the flexing.

If you go with powdercoating, find a company that has experience doing suspension springs because the coating is different than normal powdercoating.

3. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

does the spring every physically get hot ?..... i guess no need for high temp paint then.

4. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I would imagine this depends on how the exhaust is routed, but even then heat transfer won't be as large a concern as using a flexible coating. I'm sure that my tank gets hotter sitting in the sun than the rear suspension on a bike with an close proximity undertail exhaust would.