SRS So I want to make something for my friend who's leaving the country for a semester

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fixthe fernback, Dec 16, 2006.

1. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

I want to make something that says I care (it's a girl, btw) and will maybe get her to think about me when she's in South America till May. What should I make her? I want her to leave with a good opinion of me and come back with one as well.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Although it requires crafting skills, do you think you could make her a necklace?

3. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

i'd make a scrapbook/photo album for her.
    get pictures of family, friends, a menu from her favorite restaurant, and things she loves in the US don't forget to put pics of you and put a note in there saying you'll miss her and wish her the best of luck and that when she gets home you'll take her out to celebrate her coming home. It's extremely thoughtful and she'll really appreciate it.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Get her a medical kit: rehydration salts, immodium advanced, pepto.

5. teo

teo . => ? => !

Whatever you make, make it small enough that it's not a trouble to keep with her when she travels (so if it's a scrapbook make it a small one) and if possible make something that she'll use frequently. The more she sees it and appreciates it, the more she'll have cause to remember that you made it.

6. 7960

7960 New Member

I wouldn't make her something to take, I'd give her something she can use and that will remind her of you when she uses it. Get her a digital camera. If she's already got one buy her HUGE amounts of memory for it so she doesn't have to worry about downloading pictures all the time.